[D10, EN, Open] Mitsubishi-no-kami...

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Seppun Unsei

[D10, EN, Open] Mitsubishi-no-kami...

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:32 pm

After carefully, painfully so, pulling themself away from Moshumaru so as not to wake him, they made their way out to the temple. This would be the only time for privacy and that's what they wanted. Ish. For the most part. They knew a monk might come and interrupt, or anyone else out late for that matter and that was okay.

Regardless of all of those thoughts running around in their head, they made it to the temple and knelt down in front of the shrine after cleansing themself first.

This was always the hard part though. How to start this? How to begin explaining everything that was on their mind to this Fortune? They decided to start simple.

"Hello... I'm Unsei..." They murmured softly, not wanting to wake the monks. "I guess I'm here just to get some thoughts off of my chest, because I'm a bit nervous, really. Not super nervous, but I guess maybe a little worried truthfully. I think I've found someone I want to be with for the rest of whatever years I've got left and I'm not sure I'll be able to get that match. I hope I do, but, well, you know. The system we have installed in Rokugan is one where we are all seen as pawns to be used for the greater good of our families. If it's not a good match for our families, then... it doesn't usually happen, or when a love marriage does happen, usually there's somebody who gets their panties in a twist and starts a war against them forever for no good reason other than being a baby back bitch.... which is... honestly pretty much what that entire clan's history is about. Anyway-

"I guess I just wanted someone to talk to about my conflicting feelings on this and I know that you probably won't respond because you've got all of Rokugan to pay attention to and you were a better choice than a tree. As much as I love the earth kami, they are... rather slow. I just don't know. On one hand, I do really like him, but on the other, things have been going too well. I'm just waiting for Benten-no-kami to come up behind me and beat me to death with a tetsubo." With that said, they turned around and looked behind them for a moment, just to make sure. "I'm also a bit nervous all around, really. My hopes are up and I'm sure they're going to get crashed right down here soon. I guess that's okay though. Makes me remember that I'm human and what not, but it would suck still."

And the shugenja just kept whispering as they sat there in front of the shrine like a bump on a log. They talked about anything and everything on their mind, though most of it relating to marriage and their worries about it and Benten. If no one walked up to chat, they'd leave after an hour and go back to bed.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D10, EN, Open] Mitsubishi-no-kami...

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:17 am

"You know that Crane wanted to fuck you right? He wanted you to teach him." Luixian said as she emerged from an unlit corner of the temple. Her voice was soft. She was in thought and though it didn't show on her hidden face it showed in her voice. She had not expected another to be here.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:35 am

"Wait what?" They blinked. "He... with me?" But when they noticed her mood, they stopped and frowned.

"Are you okay? Were you..." They looked over towards the shrine and then back to Luixian. Concern laced their features, but they didn't say anything more.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:19 am

"You. He wanted you. Stopped when you told him you were with the Kitsu." She answered. There was no anger or venom in her voice. It was a tired thing. "I was. For her. That she does well and is able to find someone else."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:31 am

"Luixian-chan... I..." They paused, unsure of what exactly they could say to make the situation better. "I didn't know... He didn't say anything to met and I thought... I thought that maybe you and him..." Their frown deepened.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't pull enough strings to get you married to her, and I'm sorry I keep trying to set you up with people. I keep thinking that maybe if... If you could find someone else here..." They looked utterly pitiable as they stood there before her, small and apologetic.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:58 am

"Do you even think? You keep saying you do but I'm starting to wonder if you actually do. You never think about the consequences that your actions have on others." Her words were distant. "You knew I wasn't looking for another. I wanted to try and move on and you kept trying to set me up. Every single one was one of your rejects and every single one kept trying to act like they understood me."
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:18 am

"I... Asahina-san wasn't a reject. I'll admit... I kind of just sent you to the Kitsu to be an asshole to him, thinking maybe you'll have a bit of fun, but... That wasn't the case with Asahina-san. I thought that you two might get along for a night and you'd have some fun and he'd get taught some stuff." They had deflated severely at her words. "Thought it might help you move on... Do you think you might ever get to see her again? Maybe if you get married to a Crab or something?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:05 pm

"So instead you used me like a pawn? To get back at a Kitsu that you didn't want to deal with on your own. That doesn't make it any better." A shake of her head. "You can teach the boy yourself. Talk to your lover about it. Maybe he'll want to join in."
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:40 pm

They were caught. It wasn't even caught in a good position either. So, not knowing what else to say or how to make it better, they shifted into dogeza and pressed their forehead firmly against the floor, just holding it there.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Luixian looked down at them for a brief moment before shaking her head. "Just stay out of my business Unsei-san." With no need for her to continue the conversation she walked off.
Profile/Description