(D10 LE, Expecting) Difficult Day

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D10 LE, Expecting) Difficult Day

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:59 pm

Yasu nods. "And by the look of her jade, we can hope it was _just_ a hungry ghost, because chances are it'll come back eventually if whatever drew it here is still around."

"I'd like to try finding what we were actually starting to track down there, yeah," she answers Murato, before raising a brow at the shrine maiden's addendum. "Though I guess that might be easier than expected if you already know of them."

She offers a rueful smile, then shakes her head at Oubaihime's question with a small laugh. "No..I was going to check in with the earth and see if the void was unsettled by yesterday's dance of sun and moon. But," she gestures to Murato, "when his meditations found something dark at the inn, we needed to respond to that first. And now?" There's a heavy sigh. "I'm a bit concerned about calling up the earth again and disturbing them more than I already have. I'll check in with them tomorrow."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:00 pm

"If that's the case, you may not need my assistance to locate," he said with a nod. "I'm still glad to come along, if you want to go meet them, but I felt no obvious threat... no evil intent or maliciousness," Murato explained. He looked to towards the ground somewhere between them. The netsuke and and bracelet both in view at the same time. Which was the first time for him. His feelings when he was making both of them being so similar and yet so different. He was somehow calm with it, even if it is odd.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:58 pm

"The spirit that brought the rain is not malevolent, just playful and shy." She explained. "But as long as it is here the rain will continue."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:46 am

"Might be worth seeking them out to see if they can be convinced to move on...or, letting the Shika know? Maybe it always visits in this season. Though it would seem a bit odd for them to schedule this festival in the midst of that." She shifts a bit, finding a comfortable way to sit when her bones feel twice as dense as normal. Despite that discomfort, she can't help but smile at what she hopes lies between the pair.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:22 am

"If it is a rain spirit, then perhaps it can be convinced to visit a place that could use more rain," he says with a tired smile. "What could be considered a nuisance here may be a boon elsewhere," he suggests.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:08 am

"The Shika already know of the presence of the spirit in their lands. Perhaps it will follow one of the contestants of this miai. I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse for the individual." She nodded. "Ame kun I the name of the spirit, a shy yokai who likes to hide."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Yasu nods. "I wouldn't want to interfere with the spirit then. It's not under my duty to mess with, and I wouldn't want to cause problems for our hosts. It would be interesting to meet it, but if they're shy, that could be difficult to do without upsetting them."

Setting one palm to the floor at her side to lean on, she looks Mura over appraisingly. "How are you doing? I don't really know how what you did works, but it seemed to take a lot out of you."

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:07 pm

"It can. But our ritual went better than many others I have participated in," he admits. "In particular, when we were trying to locate the rain spirit earlier. I... think I may have also been hearing the elemental kami as well for the first time and not just the other spirits. Otherwise I would not have noticed Renjiro-san. It was disorienting."

He seems slightly disturbed by the idea. There is a definite discomfort to his expression.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:38 pm

"Ame kun... they are the spirit that brings the rain." She nodded. "Suzume san and I found them..." She remembered.
Smells like flowers

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:46 am

Yasu's eyes widen a bit. "oh...oh right, Renjiro's just working with elemental spirits, or so it seems." She looks at him a bit wonderingly. "Do you think pushing your sight is waking up some connection to them?" Her kin would itch to study that, but, given his discomfort, she's aiming to be a little polite.

She's also a bit surprised by the Kaito's pronouncement. "You and Suzume-san met it? Were you able to communicate?"

Description