(D10, LA) Seeking Blessings

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D10, LA) Seeking Blessings

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:09 am

Yasu's own hands are only slightly smaller, so everything is certainly doable by them both. Each touch is a small spark against her heart, lights her smile a bit brighter.

"If it's obvious...well it's obvious. If it's not, you simply can't know." She looks out at the tree in the rain, thinking for a moment, then grins and reaches back to tug several strands of hair free from the back of her head before looking at Tanabe. "Can I have a bit of your hair? I know...it's strange. But it's the most literal thing of ours that I can think of to twine together to go with the really symbolic part here."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:19 am

Tanabe nodded smiling plucking a few springy curling strands and handed then to her "Well if we got some sort of obvious sign the Deer would have no choice but to match us, unless they try and claim they know better than the Fortune they venerate." He said with a little grin
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:20 am

Carefully, Yasu twines the thin strands together in her large hands, finding it a bit tricky to work with curly and straight this way. But that seems an appropriate challenge, as she nods. "You would think so. Or at least it would weigh heavily on their decision, wouldn't it?"

The makeshift string is tied around their paper offering and Yasu looks out to the rain endlessly, gently pattering down. About to stand, she pauses and takes a moment to slip her scroll case lose to leave here out of the rain for the few minutes they'll be out there.The blue and brown cord that secured it though, remains in her hand.

Taking Tanabe's hand, she offers a thoughtful smile. "I'd thought to bind our wrists as we hang the charm together, and this is a cord that I have. It was made by Murato-san, and that feels... both right and uncertain. One who wishes us well, but also would have wished this blessing for himself. If that's a symbol that troubles your heart, I'll leave it behind."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:39 am

Tanabe frowns but not from displeasure but rather in thought and he looks to her his eyes sincere and warm "Well if there is no lingering uncertainty on your end." He thought nothing of eyes that could be on them and took her hands in his careful around the items already in them "are you absolutely certain I am the one you choose Yasu?" The frown had turned to a smile as he asked a small and vulnerable smile. There was no demand or expectation in the words just a soft caring curiosity.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:20 am

There is a thoughtful moment, Yasu examining her feelings, all that they had shared, the shape of the path ahead, and she nods. "I care for Murato-san, and treasure his friendship." She pauses a moment, the charm held loosely in her hands, demanding honesty. "I even acknowledge that we could build a happy and honorable life together."

With a long breath, she looks up into Tanabe's eyes, her own shining with the emotion of what she has to say. "But with you, there's all of those things and this warmth that lights my days. We've spoken of hope, love, and duty, of family and things both joyful and terrible that come with all of those. There's no doubt in me that we're meant to be together, and I chose you, Susaki Tanabe, and will keep choosing you, as long as anyone cares to keep asking." There's an undeniable sincerity in her words as she cradles their charm, his hands around hers, and silently asks Musubi to hear their truth.

While she has no doubt of the answer, this feels like a question that should be asked in both directions--the shape and symmetry of ritual. "Are you sure I'm the one you chose, Tanabe?"

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:11 am

As she speaks he smiles bright and brilliant with joy his hands squeezed hers gently as he looked slightly down to her "Yasu, I never knew I could feel what I have felt here with you. This past week has been one of the most eventful times of my life and that is because of you. I hope to be there for every happiness and sadness, every breakthrough, every stumble whether we are facing creatures of darkness or I'm watching you flail in a river." He said with a soft teasing smile full of warmth.

He brings he hand up and gently kisses the knuckles allowing himself that public impropriety instead of what he really wishes to do "I choose you Kuni Yasu. I choose you until I have no breath to say it with."

He smiles "let's bind ourselves with the cord as we offer ourselves to Musubi."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:08 am

She holds her right wrist against his left, winding the thin kumihimo cord around and between their wrists, the charm held in their hands, looped hair string dangling. Leading him out into the rain, beneath the spreading branches, she finds a spot where they can reach, though she lifts a bit onto her toes to do so, quietly intoning a prayer for the fortune, though their declarations were honestly the meat of the ritual. The looped string is hooked over a small spur on the branch, and her fingers interlace with Tanabe's as they release it to swing gently, catching the rain with a slightly different sound than the constant *pat, pat, pat* on the leaves.

Yasu watches, feeling the rain on her face, heedless of the effect on her makeup. For a long, long while, there's nothing but the sound of rain and the branches highlighted against the gray sky. Eventually, she bumps her shoulder against Tanabe's, feeling a bit silly for looking so hard for a sign when there almost never is one. If they are to be blessed, they'll only know it through the unfolding of their marriage over time. Laughing a bit, she says "I think I'm just going to go on as if we were sure."

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:42 pm

Tanabe moves with her in concert as they hang their paper offering on the branch. He smiles as he feels the rain kiss his skin. This rain that have lived with for a week feels so different in this moment, here offering this to Musubi with the woman he loves, nothing could dampen his spirits.

They hang it and watch in silence for a few seconds. He had never actually thought there would be some flash of light or grand sign from the fortune but something in his heart, something in his gut told him this all felt right. He felt no doubt, no fear of the future, only certainty that this was the woman he wanted to be with and maybe that was the sign of the fortune's blessing after all.

When Yasu spoke he turned to look at her, looking down to meet those dark eyes with his warm lighter brown ones he smiled "I've never been more sure of anything in my life." Then he put an arm around her waist and moved to pull her in and if she allowed it to kiss her deeply and fully beneath the branches of Musubi's tree. Showing her his love, his certainty for her in that moment and not caring if people saw.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 am

Perhaps there'd be rumors. Maybe the Deer would reprimand them. In the moment, that all seemed rather distant as she found herself caught in those warm eyes and familiar embrace. Her free arm slips around his waist, making her own desire clear as she met his certainty with her own. There was no gentle exploration, her lips meeting his with a fierce certainly.

When they part, Yasu's smiling softly. "Thank you."

"But we should head back before any monks come to chase us off with brooms!"

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:39 am

Tanabe hadn't cared about rumors yet and only in what the Deer thought in so far as their ability to match him correctly. He smiled down at her his eyes full of the love and mischief so common to young people defying the rules for their heart.

He nodded laughing "ok ok but I'm sure we aren't the first to kiss under this tree, I'm sure the monks have seen worse." He said grinning.