[D8, EE] Cri de Coeur

The most famous temple to the Fortune of Marriage
Kitsuki Hajime

[D8, EE] Cri de Coeur

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:31 pm

The progress of the miai had led to feelings of some desperation for Kitsuki Hajime. Tentative attempts at courting had come to acceptable friendships or, in one case, a weird threat. So, at a loss, he headed up to the shrine of Musubi-no-kami and offered a plaintive sort of prayer for some shift in his prospects.

After a long moment of prayer and a ritual bathing of the statue's feet, Hajime bowed and withdrew a few steps to contemplate what to do with his remaining time here. He wasn't sure that there'd ever be a better opportunity to get out from under Shunsuke.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shiba Taemon

Re: [D8, EE] Cri de Coeur

Post by Shiba Taemon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:55 pm

Sunset was as an appropriate a time to offer prayers as sunrise was, and so Shiba Taemon headed to the temple to offer his own. Once he cleansed and prayed, he looked about with a frown. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Kitsuki Hajime, and he bowed to him.

"Good evening, Kitsuki-san." he offered. "This one is Shiba Taemon. I hope this evening finds you well."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Miai Candidate

"This is no laughing matter."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:55 pm
Sunset was as an appropriate a time to offer prayers as sunrise was, and so Shiba Taemon headed to the temple to offer his own. Once he cleansed and prayed, he looked about with a frown. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Kitsuki Hajime, and he bowed to him.

"Good evening, Kitsuki-san." he offered. "This one is Shiba Taemon. I hope this evening finds you well."
Hajime snapped out of his reverie with a start, but as he took in Taemon, he couldn't help glancing up at the statue of Musubi. Is this...? He pulled his eyes away from the statue. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Hajime. He may be and he may not.

Hajime bowed to Taemon. "Good evening, Shiba-sama. This one is Kitsuki Hajime, poet of Kitsuki Shunsuke. I...I am rather out of sorts, actually. That's why I came up here, to try to see if Musubi-no-kami would provide me some guidance."

He spread his hands in a welcoming gesture. "But I would welcome your company, if you've the time, Shiba-sama."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Hajime snapped out of his reverie with a start, but as he took in Taemon, he couldn't help glancing up at the statue of Musubi. Is this...? He pulled his eyes away from the statue. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Hajime. He may be and he may not.

Hajime bowed to Taemon. "Good evening, Shiba-sama. This one is Kitsuki Hajime, poet of Kitsuki Shunsuke. I...I am rather out of sorts, actually. That's why I came up here, to try to see if Musubi-no-kami would provide me some guidance."

He spread his hands in a welcoming gesture. "But I would welcome your company, if you've the time, Shiba-sama."
Taemon nodded.

"Of course, Kitsuki-san. When one is attending a miai, one is expected to converse with the other attendees. Our hosts have given us many events that we might discuss both competitions and plays."

A small pause.

"What topic is of interest to Kitsuki-san?" he asked.

Taemon was....not great at small talkm but would fulfill his duty.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Taemon nodded.

"Of course, Kitsuki-san. When one is attending a miai, one is expected to converse with the other attendees. Our hosts have given us many events that we might discuss both competitions and plays."

A small pause.

"What topic is of interest to Kitsuki-san?" he asked.

Taemon was....not great at small talk, but would fulfill his duty.
Hajime tilted his head. Okay...you better not be fucking with me, Musubi-kami.

"Well, to be honest, I think I'd rather learn about you." His eyes widened slightly, a look of innocence crossing his face for a moment. "That is, if it's not too forward. Who are you, Shiba-sama? And where do you come from? How do your spend your time?" His voice took on a softer tone. "Is there anything you wish to know about me?"

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:02 pm

Taemon nodded.

"I'm Shiba Taemon, from Michita Yasumi. I've trained under Shiba Harunobu as a bushi of the Phoenix. I was invited to participate in the Topaz Championship where I competed honorably but only made it to the semi-finals of the iaijutsu tournament, losing to the eventual winner, Kakita Reina. My favorite hobby is bonsai, though I have been told I have a good singing voice." he recited.

He blinked for a moment.

"Eto....I would like to know the same about you, Kitsuki-san." he decided on.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:36 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:02 pm
Taemon nodded.

"Eto....I would like to know the same about you, Kitsuki-san." he decided on.
The right corner of Hajime's mouth rose in a smile. "That's lovely, Shiba-sama. I haven't much experience with bonsai, but I do appreciate the art. It takes a steady and a patient hand, so I am told."

"I am Kitsuki Hajime, from Northern Shinpi province. I am write poetry and recite in court on my lord's command, and sometimes I am allowed to act as a diplomatic functionary. This last winter, I was invited to His Imperial Majesty's Winter Court. I enjoy reading and painting, but I think I enjoy listening to people most."

He paused. "I might enjoy listening to you sing sometime, Shiba-sama, if I may. But I am sure that I am not the only one to have expressed such a hope to you in the past week, neh? A handsome bushi and skilled duelist like you must have several potential matches."

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:18 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:36 pm

The right corner of Hajime's mouth rose in a smile. "That's lovely, Shiba-sama. I haven't much experience with bonsai, but I do appreciate the art. It takes a steady and a patient hand, so I am told."

"I am Kitsuki Hajime, from Northern Shinpi province. I am write poetry and recite in court on my lord's command, and sometimes I am allowed to act as a diplomatic functionary. This last winter, I was invited to His Imperial Majesty's Winter Court. I enjoy reading and painting, but I think I enjoy listening to people most."

He paused. "I might enjoy listening to you sing sometime, Shiba-sama, if I may. But I am sure that I am not the only one to have expressed such a hope to you in the past week, neh? A handsome bushi and skilled duelist like you must have several potential matches."
Taemon shook his head.

"Not particularly no. It is hard to stand out among so many, ne? Semi-finalist in the Topaz championship doesn't exactly bring offers racing to your door. There is but one, and she will not serve. I appreciate her intentions, but it's a bad match for many reasons."

He shrugged a bit.

"I was confident that it didn't matter, that the Deer would find a match regardless, but my clanmates have said that a more proactive approach should be utilized. But I don't know where to start, and they didn't have any practical suggestions."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:18 am

Taemon shook his head.

"Not particularly no. It is hard to stand out among so many, ne? Semi-finalist in the Topaz championship doesn't exactly bring offers racing to your door. There is but one, and she will not serve. I appreciate her intentions, but it's a bad match for many reasons."

He shrugged a bit.

"I was confident that it didn't matter, that the Deer would find a match regardless, but my clanmates have said that a more proactive approach should be utilized. But I don't know where to start, and they didn't have any practical suggestions."
"I sympathize, Shiba-sama, as I am afraid I am rather at a loss myself; I have tried to woo three gentlemen, each of which has assured me that I am pleasant to speak to. But it seems merit a passing interest at best, and over time I have discovered that they are very serious about women they have found. And of course it wouldn't do to build a marriage on a struggle against someone they truly believe would make a good match, so...here I am, at the mercy of the kami."

He leaned back slightly. "And now I have the privilege of speaking with a semi-finalist of the Topaz Championship, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at when he is also a good hand with a bonsai and promises a pleasant voice. Would you say my fortunes have improved at all, Shiba-sama?"

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:44 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:24 pm

"I sympathize, Shiba-sama, as I am afraid I am rather at a loss myself; I have tried to woo three gentlemen, each of which has assured me that I am pleasant to speak to. But it seems merit a passing interest at best, and over time I have discovered that they are very serious about women they have found. And of course it wouldn't do to build a marriage on a struggle against someone they truly believe would make a good match, so...here I am, at the mercy of the kami."

He leaned back slightly. "And now I have the privilege of speaking with a semi-finalist of the Topaz Championship, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at when he is also a good hand with a bonsai and promises a pleasant voice. Would you say my fortunes have improved at all, Shiba-sama?"
Taemon considered that.

"I would prefer not being sneezed at, it's true." he said deadpan. "But I would be interesting in further discussion of how to build a fortuitous marriage to honor Musubi."

He pauses.

"You also have a nice voice." he added, remembering to offer an honest compliment.