[D9 EA] Cultural Exchange

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D9 EA] Cultural Exchange

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:58 pm

The Scorpion went air born before crashing down to the ground but mid slam Tanabe had adjusted his grip from her limb to her back to soften the impact as he grinned down at her from above "You're quick." He said his breath coming a little heavy one hand on her hip and the other around her in a half embrace.

He paused a little and then moved to stand offering Luxoan a hand up.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:54 pm

After a brief second to gather her wits after the airborn slam she chuckled though still grateful for the softer landing. "You're lucky I don't act like some of my cousins. They'd have too much fun teasing you while in such an intimate position."

She took his hand and with his help pulled herself up. "You're rather sturdy though."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:15 am

Tanabe raised an eyebrow with a chuckle as he helped her up holding the hand for a second " yeah lucky indeed despite what you said when we met, You underestimate yourself in some ways Bayushi-sama." He said with a grin as he referred to when she told him she didn't inherit her clans dangerous allure.

He released the hand "Thanks." He said nodding "you put up a good fight though. I envy that speed and ease with which you move. You'd likely be a squirrely opponent in the grapple. I have strength on you but you're definitely more maneuverable." He said giving his assessment of what he saw.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:23 am

"No. I do not underestimate myself." She answered plainly before ignoring the rest of that topic and his grin.

"Once I learn more about close combat maneuvers and tactics it would be better and we'd be evenly matched. You gave me a run for my money certainly. Your fluid motions and surging in when you saw an opportunity was good. Not something I go against often."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:39 am

Tanabe shrugged a little at the dismissal "no offense meant." it hadn't been meant in bad faith but some people got prickly about thing so he continued for forward "true you're not far behind me as it is I'd say though it would take more than one fight to figure that out for sure."

He stretched a little "more used to sparing against Hida I gather? Or other Scorpion that fight similar to yourself?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 am

"More used to fighting goblins and sparring with Crab. Some of the Crab are graceful but too many prefer being as solid as earth."

She rolled her shoulders and then slipped into a more solid stance now. "Well if one fight won't do it we might as well have another go. Should be fun huh."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:15 am

Tanabe nodded "if you're certain you're stronger than you opponent then the solid approach works. I favor being flexible, best approach in the ring is the one that fits the situation. Sumai who only rely on one way to fight will quickly be taken down because someone will figure them out." He commented.

The large Otter bounced on his toes and nodded that joyful, playful smile dancing on his lips as he settled into a stance that seemed more aggressive and barely waited for her to get in her stance before launching at her furiously. He was less skilled with the approach but he hoped the unexpectedness of the direct attack would take her off guard.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:05 pm

"Anyone who only focuses on one approach are easy enough to take down in most causes. I've met more than a fair share of Moto who only attempt to attack and attack as quickly as possible before they fatigue themselves. Rarely works out for them during long battles and their enemies usually know it."

When he launched his assault she stood steadfast as skilled in this stance as she was with air. She took a few blows like weathering out a storm while dodging some of the harder ones. Once an opening was found she wasted no time in taking the shot and attempting to land a blow centermass with her elbow.
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:40 am

His style was aggression at the moment, he wasn't aiming to defend himself and therefore the opening was true and the Scorpions elbow landed firmly causing the Otter to stagger back trying to catch his breath as the the wind had been pushed from his lungs.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm

With him reeling back from the attack she shifted stances and took the advantage. As light and nimble as air again she blew towards him. Instead of doing anything fancy she attempted to tackle him but was prepared to fall if she missed.
Profile/Description