[D9 EA] Cultural Exchange

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Susaki Tanabe

[D9 EA] Cultural Exchange

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:47 am

(Expecting)

Tanabe made it to the dojo for one of his daily workouts wearing a simple sturdy but loose kimono of blue over brown hakama. The large Otter observed the proper ceremony for entering and respecting the dojo.

He moved to the middle and worked out some stress, stretching, and warming up. He was pretty upset about his performance that morning but tried to keep his mind occupied with other things. Namely focusing on the way his body felt with each stretch and movement.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D9 EA] Cultural Exchange

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Luixian walked in with no small amount of swagger as she normally did. Her three-eyed oni mask was still firmly in place but her attire had changed only slightly. Her kosode which usually hung off of only one arm was gone which left her in nothing but her hakama and sarashi. Her tattoo was in full view as it always was.

After entering and paying respects to the dojo she moved over to Tanabe and crossed her arms over her chest while she waited for him to be finished.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 pm

She wouldn't have to wait long Tanabe stood from his stretching and gave the Scorpion a bow "Ah Bayushi-sama! Good to see you, hope you're doing well." He says with a friendly tone though maybe perhaps not quite as bright as he usual was.

He looked more closely at her eyes going to her tattoo "Thats a nice piece of work you have there. Meant to say something about it the other day."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:52 am

"Thanks. Got it done at Kyuden Hida shortly after my gempukku." She bowed in return. "I'm doing fine. Assuming you've had rice by now?"

She noted the tone but didn't say anything about it. It wasn't her business in the slightest. "What are we doing today anyway? Toss up between melee or unarmed isn't it?"
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:12 am

Tanabe nodded with a grin "Come now Bayishi-sama one doesn't grow this tall and strong by missing meals!" He declared with a chuckle. He untied and discarded his kimono leaving him bare from the waist up. It was an impressive physique likely reminded her of Hida she served with broad shouldered and barrel chested. Muscular but not over defined a man who worked out often but still loved to eat and drink.

"any significance? Or just thought it looked cool?" He asked checking out the details before moving his gaze up to the three eyed Oni mask "and whichever you prefer, you show me yours and I could show you mine. Both just here to learn eh?"
Last edited by Susaki Tanabe on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:49 pm

It was moments like this where Luixian was glad that her mask covered her entire face which allowed her to look the Otter over with an appreciating glance without being noticed too much. "Normally no but there was one tall bastard of a Dragon that claimed he got his high from the energy of the sun and ocean. He had to be as tall as I was but I never believed him."

"For the tattoo I thought it looked cool enough. Same with the serpent coiling around my thigh." Not wanting to walk over to get any weapon she fell into a light stance keeping on her toes. "Since we both already have our fists out we might as well make it easy for ourselves."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Tanabe waved a dismissive hand "The Dragon don't count with their bald mystics meditating under waterfalls and on rooftops. They defy many rules."

He raised an eyebrow as she spoke of another tattoo "I'd like to see it sometime, I admit I find tattoos to be really interesting. Always wanted to get one, just never had the money." He said as he entered a similar looking stance one that was light on his feet and moved in a flowing manner. The eyes moving over her body now were less appreciating and more analytical as he sized up his opponent.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:19 pm

"That's why you win them in stupid duels or arm wrestles with men half drunk off their ass." She snorted. "Don't have to pay then." A pause. "The other tattoo requires me taking my hakama off so for that we'll have to meet up in the baths."

"But you know you could probably find an artist around here who would give you a tattoo for something else. Maybe fix a problem for them or something." Once done talking she gestured for him to go first.
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Tanabe nodded grinning at her as she talked about winning tattoos and finding an artist he chuckled a little "Well I bathe often enough shouldn't be too hard to meet up there sometime before this whole thing ends." He says before he saw her nod.

He moves forward surprisingly quick and agile for someone his size as he surged forward hard but staying flexible like water as he dipped to one side and flowed around the other looking for a gap in her guard before darting in and trying to wrap her up from behind.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:06 pm

Like the air she danced away on sure feet as he tried to flow around behind her. She knew he outmatched her in terms of close combat and so she played the one strength she had. To use her quick reflexes to keep just out of his reach until he got tired or she did and presented an opportunity to attack.
Profile/Description