[D9EM Open, Expecting] A morning in the dojo

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D9EM Open, Expecting] A morning in the dojo

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:56 pm

It had been a while he had been here at his own volition. It looked different from before - not just because it was quiet, but also because the ring setup was gone. He sighed with nostalgia, before opening the doors and-

"...What happened here?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D9EM Open, Expecting] A morning in the dojo

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:13 pm

"Nothing really", said a voice from behind him. "I spent yesterday morning cleaning up a small mess."

Hikimasu was close, having approached carefully. He knew the condition of the dojo when he left it, everything wasn't perfect but it was tidy at least. He knew the low ranked students would have been busy with the rest. He hoped they did their job.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:10 pm

"Ah, Shosuro-san!"

He turned and bowed to the Scorpion, once he was sure he wouldn't cave in the man's personal space by doing so.

"I can see there has been cleaning, but- no, I shouldn't inquire. I can only offer my commendations. Even if there's still-"

thunk.

"-A spear or two in the ceiling. Now, which art did you wish to practice? There are certainly many we have performed in this hall."
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:26 pm

"That was one if the Shika students being disarmed", he pointed to the energetic youths blaming each other, swearing they didn't pull a Hikimasu when Zang looked over.

He headed in. "We can do whatever you'd like, first though I need to speak to the sensei."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 pm

The Kitsu rubbed his eyes and nodded.

"Of course, of course. If we call this spear a sign of prominence, perhaps we should work on our speardancing, so to speak?"

...He rubbed his eyes again, and took in just how impressive a job Hikimasu had done.

Huh. Why does it seem so much cleaner than when I first arrived? This is fantastic work nontheless.
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:35 pm

"Very well", he said and fetched them some practice spears. Returning he let the Kitsu pick. "I didn't know you were dedicated to more than defending your honor", he said, mentioning he'd recognized Moshu's training with a blade.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:35 pm
"Very well", he said and fetched them some practice spears. Returning he let the Kitsu pick. "I didn't know you were dedicated to more than defending your honor", he said, mentioning he'd recognized Moshu's training with a blade.
The Lion wasn't quite sure how to take that comment, so he approached it from a factual basis.

"My primary profession is honouring the recently deceased, Shosuro-san. I'd have to dedicate myself to a lot more than my own honour if I wished to be considered worthy of the role. Sometimes people need space, sometimes they need someone to listen to, sometimes they need a sparring partner."
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:43 pm

He gave the Kitsu a glance. "Perhaps."

He thinks I need something...from him? That's interesting.

He wheeled the spear about, ending sharply in a long stance, prepared to move swift and precise.

"Though defending the fallen is best done with a pen, no? People are fools to speak ill of the dead."

D9 Dojo, spar with Moshu (spear duel), Init. School tech | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Using Opp to clear 1 strife from the roll.
Last edited by Shosuro Hikimasu on Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Though neither knew it, the Kitsu and the Shosuro were not on the same wavelength at all.

"You are correct, Shosuro-san. Sometimes, alas, my work requires me to defend myself, not just the dead."

The Kitsu's stance is usual for a spear, save for his back hand being closer to the back end of the spear. His guard is a mid guard, not willing to commit to a high or low guard yet. It was a cautious, flexible stance, waiting for the Scorpion's offence.

Duel to Incap initiated!

First round initiaitve:
D9 EM - Practice duel - Initiative (Water+Meditation, Quick reflexes) | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:58 pm

They were both ready, it seemed to be a water vs air contest, not surprising considering a Scorpion and Lion were facing off. Hikimasu however would not let his moment pass, he knew he could get in close. Water was adaptable, but the Kitu's hand could only adapt so much with so few fingers.

He lunged in, and their spears exchanged, but he flipped the end of his to try to catch Moshu in the chin, yet he wheeled out of the way, but it wouldn't keep the Scorpion from continuing. Switching direction in a flicker fast motion, he snuck the tip of the training spear through the Kitsu's guard as they continued to reposition to counter attack.

D9 spear duel with Moshu. Attacking, school tech | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
4 damage from 3 training weapon, then 1 success over.
Hikimasu is in air stance so his TN should be 3
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description