[D9, LM, Open?] Feels Bad Man...

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D9, LM, Open?] Feels Bad Man...

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:20 am

Unsei watched in perhaps minor horror, but with a bit of fun as well as they brought out the portal.

"We're about to get our asses kicked by your classmates, but at least it'll be fun. I'll try not to weigh you down too much." They whispered to the new Deer that they had basically sworn to protect with their life at this point. "What's your name, by the way?"

Then they looked over towards Zang and smirked. "I assume I'm at a handicap and am unable to use my gifts, as I would if this was a true combat? I should probably clarify that first."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:20 am

Zang frowned as he considered that request.

"That's a bit advanced for this class, Seppun-san." he decided, tempting though it was. "If you'd like to come back for a more advanced class to unleash your full potential on later, that could be arranged."
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 am

"That is fair and I might if I didn't think I was about to be beaten into a pulp by the current class." They chuckled, knowing very well their limitations and that was physicalness. "Still, it is very tempting... I might have to see about toughing up a bit first though... unless I had a strong yojimbo to guard me during this advanced class anyway."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:06 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 am
"That is fair and I might if I didn't think I was about to be beaten into a pulp by the current class." They chuckled, knowing very well their limitations and that was physicalness. "Still, it is very tempting... I might have to see about toughing up a bit first though... unless I had a strong yojimbo to guard me during this advanced class anyway."
She had been star struck by the knowledge that they had mystical powers, but then she snapped out it.

"I Shika Wattan will protect you Seppun-sama. From this class, from the advanced class, form everything." she pledged with all the determination a young kid could muster.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Unsei did their best to not immediately just kidnap the kid and adopt them into the, obviously better, imperial families. But, their heart did maybe grow a little bit larger for the Deer, only entirely because of this one kid that they were now planning on doing everything they could to get them as a yojimbo after their gempukku, or at least as a guard somewhere in Otosan Uchi.

But. There was also a bit of reality they decided to focus on.

"It is an honor to meet you, Shika-san. I'm Seppun Unsei of the Seppun Astrologers. While I would be proud to have you protect me during the advanced courses..." They then looked over to Zang. "It should probably be cleared by the sensei first. I would hate to be a bad influence and cause you to skip around classes."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:42 pm

"Hai! Seppun-sama!" she said. "I will prove I am worthy to stand by your side!"

She took her place at the portal ready for the influx of enemies.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Unsei took their place alongside hers, ready to get their ass handed to them by a bunch of kids. Their stance wasn't much of a stance as they instead seemed to be waiting to see what their opponents would bring.

(Q.Q omfg. I gotta protect this lil kid. Whhhyy q.q)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:23 pm

It was an interesting excercise. The spears of the pair held many children at bay while Unsei and Wattan stood safe behind their walls.

It wasn't until the class started working together in pairs, where one would throw themselves on the defenders spears while the other would role underneath. This required them to split their attention between the incoming hoard and the ones who rolled in. They held out for as long as they could, but the portal did eventually fall.

Unsei got many practice weapon smacks in the process of being overrun. They were going to feel those in the morning definitely.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:53 am

Though they knew it was a losing battle from the start, it was still fun and while they put up the good fight, it still wasn't enough. When they came crashing down, they looked to Wattan and smiled. "Good job, Shika-san! Thank you for protecting me as long as you did!"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:27 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:53 am
Though they knew it was a losing battle from the start, it was still fun and while they put up the good fight, it still wasn't enough. When they came crashing down, they looked to Wattan and smiled. "Good job, Shika-san! Thank you for protecting me as long as you did!"
Wattan, on the other hand, looked near tears.

"I'm so sorry, Seppun-sama. I'll get stronger and stronger until I'm strong enough to protect you. I swear."