[D9, LM, Open?] Feels Bad Man...

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Seppun Unsei

[D9, LM, Open?] Feels Bad Man...

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:19 pm

What Unsei rarely thought of was the consequences their actions had on others.

What happened yesterday was one such event.

In their rush to show that damned Scorpion that they could hit just as fucking hard as he could if they used the skills they were best in, they wrecked the dojo, then didn't clean it up, and then got Hikimasu to take the blame. Deep down inside their little Imperial heart, Unsei felt terrible about it. It was their fault and so immediately after the event, and hearing the rumors finally, they all but ran right to the dojo. After following procedures and bowing, they looked around for the dojo's sensei with a heated passion. Once they had found him, assuming he wasn't right in the middle of teaching, they fell into dogeza at his feet.

"I apologize, Shika-sama. The events that destroyed your dojo yesterday were of my doing, not Shosuro-sans. In my foolish anger, I called upon the kami of the air to lash out at him, not remembering where I was in my anger. I will accept whatever punishment you feel is proper for my actions."

------
Open cus I don't wanna close off a whole timeslot at the dojo :<
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Zang

Re: [D9, LM, Open?] Feels Bad Man...

Post by Shika Zang » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:19 pm
What Unsei rarely thought of was the consequences their actions had on others.

What happened yesterday was one such event.

In their rush to show that damned Scorpion that they could hit just as fucking hard as he could if they used the skills they were best in, they wrecked the dojo, then didn't clean it up, and then got Hikimasu to take the blame. Deep down inside their little Imperial heart, Unsei felt terrible about it. It was their fault and so immediately after the event, and hearing the rumors finally, they all but ran right to the dojo. After following procedures and bowing, they looked around for the dojo's sensei with a heated passion. Once they had found him, assuming he wasn't right in the middle of teaching, they fell into dogeza at his feet.

"I apologize, Shika-sama. The events that destroyed your dojo yesterday were of my doing, not Shosuro-sans. In my foolish anger, I called upon the kami of the air to lash out at him, not remembering where I was in my anger. I will accept whatever punishment you feel is proper for my actions."

------
Open cus I don't wanna close off a whole timeslot at the dojo :<

Zang stroked his beard.

"Your apology is accepted, Seppun-san. Please rise."

He shook his head.

"Your not the first person to lose their temper at a miai, Seppun-san, and your not one of my students to punish for doing so anyways. "

He paused a moment.

"However, I would not deny you the chance to atone, If you would like, I could use your help with the class coming in. I have something in mind that you should be well suited for."
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 pm
Zang stroked his beard.

"Your apology is accepted, Seppun-san. Please rise."

He shook his head.

"Your not the first person to lose their temper at a miai, Seppun-san, and your not one of my students to punish for doing so anyways. "

He paused a moment.

"However, I would not deny you the chance to atone, If you would like, I could use your help with the class coming in. I have something in mind that you should be well suited for."
They did rise, but looked a bit confused. "I'm... not particularly strong enough to be used as a punching bag... But if Shika-sama wishes, then I would be honored to help in whatever way I am able."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:40 pm

They did rise, but looked a bit confused. "I'm... not particularly strong enough to be used as a punching bag... But if Shika-sama wishes, then I would be honored to help in whatever way I am able."
Zang grinned.

"Excellent! Just in time too!" he said as a the rumble of a horde of feet manifested.

Sixteen Deer clan children entered the dojo and bowed deeply to the Sensei.

:Good Morning, Zang-sensei!" they cried out as one.

"Good morning class!" he replied. "Today we'll be doing our Yojimbo Go exercise!"

While they did not cheer, the class looked very happy about this.

"You eight," he said gesturing to half the class. "Will be in charge of Defending our tofay's special guest, Seppun Unsei!. Announce yourselves to them!"

Those eight bowed deeply to Unsei.

"We will defend your life with our own Seppun-sama!"

"Which means the rest of you will be on the attack. Go ahead and announce yourselves to them!"

"We're coming for your head Seppun-sama!" they cried out with a warrior's energy.

"Take your weapons and your places! For you, Seppun-san, if you would stand in the middle of the floor over there, your eight valient defenders will array themselves around you."

As the children armed themselves with practice spears and took position the littlest girl defending Unsei whispered to them.

"I swear, Seppun-sama, I will protect you."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:04 pm
Zang grinned.

"Excellent! Just in time too!" he said as a the rumble of a horde of feet manifested.

Sixteen Deer clan children entered the dojo and bowed deeply to the Sensei.

:Good Morning, Zang-sensei!" they cried out as one.

"Good morning class!" he replied. "Today we'll be doing our Yojimbo Go exercise!"

While they did not cheer, the class looked very happy about this.

"You eight," he said gesturing to half the class. "Will be in charge of Defending our tofay's special guest, Seppun Unsei!. Announce yourselves to them!"

Those eight bowed deeply to Unsei.

"We will defend your life with our own Seppun-sama!"

"Which means the rest of you will be on the attack. Go ahead and announce yourselves to them!"

"We're coming for your head Seppun-sama!" they cried out with a warrior's energy.

"Take your weapons and your places! For you, Seppun-san, if you would stand in the middle of the floor over there, your eight valient defenders will array themselves around you."

As the children armed themselves with practice spears and took position the littlest girl defending Unsei whispered to them.

"I swear, Seppun-sama, I will protect you."
By the Stars, they're going to kill me... it would be nice to have a yojimbo though now that I think about it. ..

Unsei had no idea what to do. The gaggle of children that rushed in was insane, and they certainly did not like the glint in the attackers eyes. Unsei very much enjoyed their big head in place and unharmed, but these children seemed to very much want the opposite.

Still, they did their best to play the part and bowed to their numerous defenders. "I thank you all for guarding me. I trust in your abilities and may the Stars grant you their wisdom and strength." They said before moving to the spot designated by Zang.

Then they looked over to the little girl and smiled softly. "I know you will. Just don't get too hurt on my behalf, okay?"

And now they were very much invested in this kids well being.

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:59 pm

The attackers ROARED and charged!

The Defenders ROARED back at them and met the charge!

All around Unsei raged the chaos of battle with her yojimbo squad doing their very best, one positioned in each cardinal direction, to keep Unsei's head attached to Unsei's body. They met their attackers one on one, as spears thrust and were parried.

They held well, but everntually, one of the kids rolled beneath a defender's guard and very gently booped Unsei with their practice weapon.

"Hold!" cried Zang, have been keenly observing the battle.

"You know the rules, Nobuhiko. Join the attackers." Zang commanded.

The defeated defender bowed, "Sorry, Seppun-sama, i have failed you." they offered before rushing off to regroup with the attackers.

"Seven point star!" Zang bellowed as the defenders shifted around to cover the sudden hole in Unsei's defenses preparing for the wave of nine attackers that were about to come.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Unsei was so very lost. Everything was a whirlwind of bodies, clothes, and the clash of wooden sticks. They just stood there awkwardly, watching their form with a bit of interest, but when they were booped, they were more than relieved that they weren't hit harder.

When the kid moved on, they bowed politely. "Thank you for defending me for as long as you did. I appreciate it."

Just briefly, they thought about asking if they could join in with the defenders, but it seemed odd to fight against a bunch of kids, so instead they stood there, feeling now a bit awkward since they would eventually be the one protecting someone else. So to be protected instead was curious.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:10 am

Long was the siege of Seppun Unsei. As their defenders' numbers dwindled, they pulled in tighter and tighter covering the gaps left behind by their fallen comrades. Meanwhile, the attacking hoard grew and grew. As they grew, their tactics shifted. They started pulling off pincer maneuvers, not just to get an Unsei (though Unsei did receive several pokes. No fatigue, but they'd feel that in the morning), but to take down Unsei's strongest defenders. After all, those who were defeated joined the attacking side, bolstering their forces while depleting Unsei's. The newly converted fought with just as much enthusiasm and with a better understanding of the remaining defenders strengths and weaknesses.

The circle narrowed and narrowed from 7 spears to 6 to 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 and at 1, it was no longer a circle. Just the little girl who had promised to protect Unsei staring down the rest of the class.

"I'm afraid this is the end, Seppun-sama." she whispered solemnly. "I will go down fighting to protect you as long as I can."
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:30 am

Whatever cruel god caused them to actually care for this kid in a mock battle was a terrible one. Is this what it felt like to have an actual yojimbo? This felt horrible; knowing that she was going to 'die' and had no chance to survive. Unsei was nearly tempted to blast the attackers away with wind again, but that's exactly what got them into this mess in the first place. Instead, they walked over to the rack and grabbed a training yari before moving besides her.

"If I might, Shika-sama? I understand the duties of a yojimbo, but there are many charges out there who would rather fight alongside their yojimbo than to let them fall by themself and then get captured or killed." Because dammit. Emotions were a thing and they couldn't let this sweet girl get fucking beat to hell and back by herself because she got stuck on the defending team.

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:10 am

Zang stroked his beard.

"Hmm, you raise a fair point, Seppun-san...but I think given your circumstances, we can make this a bit more challenging for the students." se said.

"Are you up for a new challenge?" he asked the class.

"Hai sensei!" the yelled back at full volume.

"Bring out the portal!" Zang commanded.

A couple of students brought out a simple standing frame the size of the door.

"This gate has fallen, and while the walls around it stand strong still, it is up to you two to hold the breach!" he explained to Unsei and her guasrdian.

"The rest of you, prepare to take the breach!" he bellowed.