[D8, EM] Final Preparation (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D8, EM] Final Preparation (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:43 pm

A scorpion was again at the dojo. Stretched and ready, he began juijutsu drills.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D8, EM] Final Preparation (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:56 pm

There was Unsei again, though masculine today with their little 'mustache', broader shoulders and torso, braided hair, and sharper jawline. When they saw Hikimasu, they walked over to him and bowed. "What's up. I'm here to torment your morning."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

"Proper enough", he replied, and finished the kata he'd been working though, mostly just interesting footwork. "I see you've brought your muscles to train with today."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:05 pm

"Oh, yeah. Just felt like... Just felt like I wanted to look like this today. Though, hope you don't mind. Just remembered I need to get one quick reading in to see what's going to happen at the event in a few hours." With that said, they moved over to the wall and pulled out their dice as they knelt down. They closed their eyes, focusing for a moment, before casting the stones in front of them. All ten rolled across the ground and once they stopped, Unsei opened their eyes.

"Oh... not bad. Not bad at all..." They nodded to themself, seeming much more chipper about it, likely meaning that it was a positive outcome, whatever it was. So then they picked up the dice and placed them in their pocket. "Alrighty! Training?"

----
Just as predicted. Rolled yesterday in my forum, but have to mention doing it when in an EM thread.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:14 pm

"Well, starting off the day right I see", he nodded and took his stance. "Did you want to begin already, or perhaps you want to go over some techniques first?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:45 pm

"We can start if you want. I think I've gotten the techniques down. Somewhat. Mostly... Ish." They nodded, grabbed a bo, and once more slipped into that not-a-stance.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Hikimasu rested an arm inside his gi, gesturing at the Imperial with what might be considered swagger. "You're going to beat me with that stick while I try to wrestle you? I had a feeling you were the type."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:38 pm

"Oh, we're wrestling? I mean... I'm not against it. Just wasn't expecting it. Thought we'd do weapons, but fists... work..."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:54 pm

"It's happening today, i thought working on that may be best", he said. "Though in truth I'm prepared for any challenge Seppun-sama deems worthy."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:15 pm

They shrugged and replaced the bo where it belonged. "Guess we can do fists, yeah. Doesn't bother me any."

Failing quickly is the same as failing slowly.