[D8, EM] Final Preparation (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D8, EM] Final Preparation (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:45 pm

"That depends, are you focused now, or just angry?" he asked, then shook his head. "Fine, do what you wish, I will do the same. A good challenge."

He took his stance again.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:55 pm

"Yeah, I'm angry, because you're a shit teacher. Throwing someone who doesn't know how to swim into the ocean thinking it'll make them learn to swim is how you get a dead body. Twisting arms and punching guts against someone who is not built for it nor has ever had it done doesn't make them suddenly learn how to block them. All it does is hurt them, and then saying it's not a fucking nursery..." After that, they shook their head, clearly upset. "Fuck that. I'll find someone else to train with."

And they turned around to head out of the dojo.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:13 pm

"That was a pretty good hit", he said as they walked away.

Maybe he was really right the previous day, maybe that really was it.

He's chased Unsei several times now, gone out of his way. Been honest, tried to be kind. Though no, no matter what they say, the dojo isn't a place for that kind of complaining.

What a baby, honestly.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:54 pm

They stopped in their tracks when he said that. For some reason, it really annoyed them. Perhaps it was the searing pain in their wrist or the bruise that was still fading away on their side, and yet there was still nothing but insults added onto it. Either way, they turned around to face him again as they pulled a small feather from their pocket, holding it between their fingers.

"Kami of air, I, your humble servant, beseech your aid..." They murmured before pointing at Hiki and letting the feather go. Once they did, a screeching blast of air tore through the dojo directly at the Scorpion, lashing out at him.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:02 am

You've got to be kidding...

And she thought he couldn't take a compliment.

WHUMP

And the Scorpion left their feet, sliding back a ways along the polished dojo floor.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:30 am

"That was a pretty good hit, Shosuro-san." They mimicked before walking out of the dojo.

They hadn't even been complaining before. They just didn't want to be at a disadvantage, all battered and bruised, before the next event.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:31 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:54 pm
They stopped in their tracks when he said that. For some reason, it really annoyed them. Perhaps it was the searing pain in their wrist or the bruise that was still fading away on their side, and yet there was still nothing but insults added onto it. Either way, they turned around to face him again as they pulled a small feather from their pocket, holding it between their fingers.

"Kami of air, I, your humble servant, beseech your aid..." They murmured before pointing at Hiki and letting the feather go. Once they did, a screeching blast of air tore through the dojo directly at the Scorpion, lashing out at him.
Unfortunately for Unsei, they thought they were packing the fourth version of Tempest of Air. However, the helpful servants had updat4d all their scrolls to the fifth version which was....a bit more potent.

Did the Scorpion get knocked off his feet? Yes. Did the wind kami go on tossing the contents of the dojo about like they were suddenly in a hurricane? Also yes. Practice racks, arming dummies, decorative scrolls whirled into the air in a very pointy version of a tossed salad before landing with an ENORMOUS crash.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:40 am

How was it they simply argued in different languages?

He laid there, not stopping them.

If anyone present asked if he was alright..

"I will be, after I clean this up."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description