(D8 LM) Staying After Class

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D8 LM) Staying After Class

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 am

"Ah, no. She has a former Dragon father. She is Kaito trained but much like how my father taught me how bureaucracy works for the Imperials, her father taught her how fists work for the Dragon," he says with a smirk. "She is certainly a fine woman that has a great many talents not readily visible behind her relatively reserved personality."

Murato begins working on the kata he learned during his time in the dojo. It was particularly useful for relaxing muscles and easing physical stress.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:47 am

"interesting analogy," Yasu says with a grin, watching the obviously different form with some interest. "Are you saying Imperials punch people with bureaucracy or something like that?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:38 am

Tanabe laughed at the joke "If one could punch with bureaucracy it would make office work much less boring I'm certain!" He laughed while going through the kata again.

"But Kaito-sama sounds like a lovely woman, is she one you would wish to be matched with Murato-san?" Tanabe asked as they moved through their own steps.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:34 am

He uses an opportunity during a kata to speak while turned away. "Among others, but yes, I think it would be a good match. But I am no Shika so time will tell. My feelings as far as I understand them, are irrelevant. What we feel and what the Deer think we feel when choosing matches are two different things... unless we speak those feelings aloud and honestly. And sometimes we are simply expected to keep certain things inside."

He eventually turns his kata to face the other two, his face calm and relaxed.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 am

Yasu pauses, the flow of the form turbulent and uncertain as she brings it to a slightly premature close, stepping aside a moment to recenter herself in a different stance. "I could see that match making sense. There aren't that many here that seem to fit someone so devoted to a spiritual calling." It is not her place to offer any kind of approval but she can't help hoping, for his sake.

This form is much sharper, obviously meant for, or at least learned with, a weapon. So conversation is shorter, chopped into the quieter moments. "I guess it would be nice to know how much the Deer value that sort of honesty."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:39 pm

"It's all... difficult honestly. I am comfortable with my feelings, but that only makes it feel more uncomfortable not knowing how things will turn out," he replies. His form during his kata does not slip or show any of that however. He was definitely a warrior first even if his duty didn't reflect it.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:20 am

Yasu glances to Tanabe, a smile brightening her expression, even as her focus remains on the kata. "Comfortable with my feelings? Yes. Haven't really trusted Shika Pei Pei-sama since meeting her though. I have to assume she isn't doing *all* the matches and decisions herself though. Even so...that uncertainty you mention can be difficult to sit with sometimes."

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 am

Tanabe nodded "Yeah strange when you know with every part of you what you want. What the right decision is and just have to sit and wait to see if the Deer agree." he shook his head "Makes me wonder if this miai is a punishment after all." he said with a laugh as he moved through the kata a sweet punishment it would be though. he thought with a smile glancing to Yasu.

He shifted to one form that was more solid and less flowing, grounded with solid strikes and decisive movements "Not much to be done about it except put your best foot forward and hope you come out on the other side."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:20 am

"Yes. You can only control your own actions." And contain your own feelings even when you don't want to. It's not a punishment, it's emotional torment.

His internal strife was covered by the expression of effort he shows during his kata.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Very aware of the contrast between what's open and what isn't, which feelings she can and can't show, Yasu's imaginary weapon thrusts hard into the kata's imaginary foe, ripping to the side to present someone an imaginary very bad day. "The only punishments are those we're carrying," she says with a gentle thoughtfulness at odds with the violent physicality on display. "From the Deer, it's all tests. Even the matches, in some ways, I think."

Description