(D8 LM) Staying After Class

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D8 LM) Staying After Class

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Tanabe watched as Yasu got to work and the soft smile spread across his lips. But he watched her form for a few moments and gave an approving nod. The confidence in the movements alone shows great improvement.

He started settling in and following her in a similar one flowing from movement to movement.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 pm

Murato follows along, moving to mirror forms. "He has not gotten stronger, but the connection did."

His eyes keep mostly to Tanabe, but he does look to Yasu from time to time. But this was training and the Otter was his training model.

"The two of you put on fine showings yesterday and today. You have a clear affinity for each other and work together well." He says in observation, smiling softly. "It makes me happy to see it. Inspires others to think they may find that as well I imagine."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 am

"That's fascinating. I've known an elemental spirit to behave like that but never had much chance to study something like you've found." Yep, academic interest wins over awareness of etiquette every time.

Murato's compliment draws her attention, and a similarly soft smile. "I honestly hope everyone can. Maybe that's a little ambitious, even for the Deer, but it would be nice." However, she is the very last person who should ask if he thinks he might be finding that, and she quickly redirects her attention to Tanabe and the form he's moved into.

The slightly distracted slip of her smile says she might be admiring his form a bit more than analyzing the form, but she *does* adjust her stance a bit as she moves, feeling the flow of it. "This is still one of your water-aligned kata, right?" Feels like it for certain.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:22 am

Tanabe smiled at Murato's compliment "Yasu-chan did not believe she could do so well with the song but I was confident she could overcome her nerves, I would not have sounded so good if she had not set such a strong rhythm to harmonize to." he gave her a look full of a passive soft light that was ever present.

"Hai, it is a water kata that Shiba Raizo-sama showed me a few days past. I liked it and seek to perfect it. It helps flow past an enemy's armor or defenses. Works well with weapons or without." he replied to Yasu's question.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:29 am

Murato begins focusing more on the actual workout. "He showed this to me as well. It's one that I think would suit me if I dedicated to studying it. My kata repertoire is significantly lacking," he says. "Just another thing for me to learn. Because there is no end to learning."

He focuses on the Otter's form mimicking it as well as able.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:18 am

Tanabe nods "Aye! That's the spirit! One is never done growing and learning." he said as he moves through the form movements flowing into one after other the strikes powerful and irresistible as the wave.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:22 am

"Ah..so a Phoenix kata?" Yasu nods, attempting to follow. Glancing to Murato, she asks, "Do you know if Kaito-san's learned this one from her clanmate? The flowing elements were there at times, but I sure don't know this well enough to pick it out in action, in memory, after watching a few dozen bouts..." She's assuming the pair did some sparring before today's matches.

"I can...kind of see how this would go with the weapon, might need some tweaking with a polearm though."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:13 am

"It is taught in the Lion clan too, I know, but simply isn't the most common," he say. "I don't think she has but couldn't say for sure. But her teacher did not use Phoenix styles and form, but rather those of the Dragon."

He hadnt sparred with her previously but he did hope to do so. It was on his list of things to do. And he did have the doubles match with Ino and Ishi coming up with Bai. So he would at least get a bit of a chance.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Tanabe nodded "It is more of a general kata of water, the Susaki practice something similar to it but since I did most of my training with the Badger I was not taught it. The Badger sumai school is pretty.....focused." He said reaching for the word after a moment.

He glanced briefly to Murato "Well if she trained as the Dragon she should be a strong unarmed combatant indeed." He said with a sense of respect

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 am

"Huh, she would be. She's more traveled than I'd thought if she trained with the Dragon. Very knowledgeable regarding the fortunes as well. I learned a few things I hadn't considered about Musubi from her. The Kaito maybe aren't that well known, but the Phoenix gave full honor to the Deer sending her." She laughs a bit. "I'm a little less sure what they intended with her Shiba cousin though."

Description