[D8MM] Lightweight category

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Moto Mitsuki

[D8MM] Lightweight category

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:17 am

Mitsuki wasn't exactly sure how they had been paired, but it seemed like the organizers had gone for a classic height/weight system. She offered an embarrassed smile at the Imperial shugenja for the weirdness of the whole situation.

Mitsuki was wearing a traditional Moto wrestling outfit, with extra breast coverage as to not outrage the Amelikanu members of the audience. While definitely inappropriate for court, the outfit was actually showing less skin than what they wore in the east for such events, so it would be quite hypocritical for anyone to be shocked at it really.

It still left little to imagination, revealing a lean and sinewy body shaped by the sun, the wind, long hours of riding and a lot of training. Her face was covered in a makeup way more martial than usual, reminding of the Moto mon.

For that first round, she started slow with a fai... a feint. Totally a feint.

---

Unless extreme shenanigans, Mitsuki should be of lower honor than Unsei, so let's go with the following order for elements:
Air -> Earth -> Fire -> Water -> Void

First round (Air):
D8MM | Grappling with Love | Air | TN: ? | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

No success:
Opportunity symbol: Add a kept Ring Dice set to an Opportunity symbol result to your next Martial skill check.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D8MM] Lightweight category

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Unsei arrived in the same exact thing they always wore, yet today they looked much more masculine. Their shoulders were broader, torso a bit thicker, their jawline was sharper, and they even had some hair on their upper lip. All thanks to make up and padding, but the effect was still the same as they walked in in their normal robes and with their hair braided. Of course, since this was a fight, their hat was off to the side, currently housing a sleepy duckling.

When they arrived, they bowed politely to the Moto and then readied up.

Maybe it was because Unsei was tired of being completely unskilled at all of these events and they were getting tired of constantly being crapped on because they weren't artistically or physically skilled. Maybe it was because it was it was just a lucky charge. Maybe it Maybelline.

Either way, they sent themselves flying at Mitsuki.

D8, Event, Air/melee | TN: 1 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
(oppy to show off)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:03 pm

Mitsuki reentered the circle for the second round, smiling:

"That was quite the opening Seppun-sama. Keep coming at me with all you've got, I can take it."

---

D8MM | Grappling with Love | Earth | +1 Opp from previous roll | TN: ? | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

1Opportunity symbol: Reassure another character in the scene with your presence, allowing them to remove 2 strife -> Seppun Unsei heals 2Strife symbol. Since the rolls are technically simultaneous, and strife is taken before opportunities are resolved, this can also heal strife taken as part of the second roll.

Own strife: 0/8
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 pm

They blinked in surprise at Mitsuki's words. "Oh.. ah... thank you." They felt better, but now bad that they had thrown her out of the ring.

So! This time they just clashed together in the middle of the ring, neither one managing to throw out the other.

"I like your make up today!" They said, thinking that this was just going to be them giving out compliments to each other now as they did not realize it was just to help them calm down before.

D8, event. Earth this time | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm

"Thanks. Your transformation is quite mesmerizing too." answered Mitsuki as she calmly went for another throw.

---

D8MM | Grappling with Love | Fire | TN: ? | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Like a flying star, Unsei went soaring out of the ring with ease. When they got back, they smiled. "Good throw! I felt like I was flying for a moment there."

D8 fire roll. save me | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
(Opp to fancy fly out)

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:55 pm

"Thanks." answered Mistuki with a ragged breath.

While she had kept a clear head until now, as it was all fun and games. Her warrior's reflexes were starting to kick in, and she shoved the Seppun maybe harder than she needed to on her next move.

---

D8MM | Grappling with Love | Water | TN: ? | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

+2 strife

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Once again Unsei went soaring like some kind of weird star. There were probably going to be some bruising, but such was the life of such a fragile, beautiful, egotistical peach.

"Uh... I... That was a good push!" They said, trying not to think about the look in her eyes right now.

D8 pushed round again. Wata | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:08 pm

The beast had left Mitsuki as quickly as it has possessed her, and she returned to a proper, almost amicable stance for the last round.

"Thanks. Final bout, give me all you've left."

---

D8MM | Grappling with Love | Void | TN: ? | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

1Opportunity symbol: Show-off

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 pm

And give her all she had they did. With a surprising amount of instinct, Unsei managed to push her from the ring again.

"I think that actually ties it up for us? Hah! Talk about good harmony. Two pushes for me, two for you, and one tie. That was fun!" They seemed a lot happier after this event. Probably because they got out without becoming a ball of strife.

Void, d8, come on Unsei | TN: 1 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image