[D8MM] Lightweight category

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D8MM] Lightweight category

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:48 pm

"Indeed. Sumai's a ritual more than a fight, and ending a match without having broken the rules, wounded one's opponent or one's self, is, at least at our level, more important than winning or losing."

---

Final standing:

Number of throws: 2
Total opportunities used to show off: 1
Most opportunities used to show off on a single roll: 1
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:29 pm

"Yeah, maybe in a regular one, but..
Here it's sort of... mandatory to win, or try to, since..." They looked around. "Ya know. Whole miai thing. Ah.. but! It was fun! And was nice getting to chat with you again, even if we were just throwing each other around."

---
Most number of throws: 2
Most total opportunities used to show off.: 2
Most opportunities used to show off on a single roll: 1
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:29 pm

"If you know the logic through which our standings in all these trials will translate into with whom the Deer expects to pair us, I'm all ears. In the absence of this crucial information, I take the optimistic approach it's more how we behave when facing this succession of surprises that the height we can reach that matters."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:36 pm

"Honestly, I've failed almost all of these so since it's apparently being based off of them, then I'm most certainly being wed to a sturdy door and even that's a long shot because I'm sure the door could beat me in some of these. But, each tournament seems to deal with some aspect of marriage. Like the kemari for seeing how long you can last during sex and the singing for how well you work together."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Note to self: There is some sort of weirdness associated with sex anywhere, but people in the east are apparently weirder than most. Of all physical activities, Mitsuki couldn't imagine one that was unsexier than kemari. Especially when wrestling was also on schedule.

"If missing a target in a dojo exercise is enough to completely wipe out a Seppun's pedigree, there's something very wrong going on here.

Did you talk to the matchmaker about your doubts? I'm sure she'll be thrilled to dispel them."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:55 pm

"It was mostly a joke, Moto-san. Mostly. Anyway, no. I'm not planning on bugging the matchmaker anytime soon. She kind of scares me, if I'm to be honest." They replied with a shrug.