(D8, MM) The Circle of Love (Event Observation)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Saibankan

(D8, MM) The Circle of Love (Event Observation)

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:03 am

Gathered around the sumai ring, there's little to do but watch the matches....well and talk about the performance of your fellow competitors. Moto Bayarmaa is excitedly talking to Shiba Taemon about the match, that Taemon frowns at with his usual sour expression.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: (D8, MM) The Circle of Love (Event Observation)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:54 am

With the luxury of going first Soyokaze could at least stand back and watch the real matches. He knew it was going to go badly for him but even he didn't expect what happened.

(OOC:PM or quote to approach please. Vagueness because Sai hasn't rolled yet but assume it went BAD)
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:08 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:54 am
With the luxury of going first Soyokaze could at least stand back and watch the real matches. He knew it was going to go badly for him but even he didn't expect what happened.
The Mourner is the first one to Soyokaze's side. His eyes show concern, and there is a lot he wanted to say, but sometimes a man has to respect another's pride. So instead, Moshumaru simply offered a simple

"You alright?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:23 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:08 am
The Mourner is the first one to Soyokaze's side. His eyes show concern, and there is a lot he wanted to say, but sometimes a man has to respect another's pride. So instead, Moshumaru simply offered a simple

"You alright?"
"Hmmm? Oh, hello Moshumaru-san, I am disappointed in how my match went i neither helped myself nor Reina-sama. Who will your match be against?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:28 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:23 am
"Hmmm? Oh, hello Moshumaru-san, I am disappointed in how my match went i neither helped myself nor Reina-sama. Who will your match be against?"
That didn't answer his question, but he let it slide. He looked back to the stage before answering.

"Honestly, Agasha Inoshishi-san planned to work together based on the need for a 'partner', but knowing what we do now I'll have to wait. What I'm more scared of is how excited some of the younger staff are - I heard them picking up a Shamisen and chattering excitedly behind my back. I think they remember me fondly from the last time I was here..."
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:00 am

Raizo stood awaiting his turn in the ring, his expression carefully neutral.

Of course the Deer find a way to gig me, even when the event is finally something I have a shred of aptitude for.

Put plainly, this wasn't how he liked getting his hands on Aimi.

But she's tough. And I won't insult her by coddling her.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:28 am
That didn't answer his question, but he let it slide. He looked back to the stage before answering.

"Honestly, Agasha Inoshishi-san planned to work together based on the need for a 'partner', but knowing what we do now I'll have to wait. What I'm more scared of is how excited some of the younger staff are - I heard them picking up a Shamisen and chattering excitedly behind my back. I think they remember me fondly from the last time I was here..."
"That came as a surprise to me as well, unfortunate for whoever tried to team up with Asahina Bo-sama."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 am
"That came as a surprise to me as well, unfortunate for whoever tried to team up with Asahina Bo-sama."
The Kitsu looked for Bo, looking to size him up. Not really sure he found him, he turned back to the Asahina.

"He certainly has a sumai build. I wonder how well trained he is in the art, however - and how much heart he could really put into it."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Murato was there observing until it was his turn to participate. He seemed... relaxed. Significantly so. Seeing Moshu and Soyo talking, he walks up and nods to both, not sure if this was another argument in progress that he might need to support his cousin in, or if there had been some sort of understanding reached.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:38 pm
Murato was there observing until it was his turn to participate. He seemed... relaxed. Significantly so. Seeing Moshu and Soyo talking, he walks up and nods to both, not sure if this was another argument in progress that he might need to support his cousin in, or if there had been some sort of understanding reached.
"Ah, Kitsu-san."

Moshu isn't entirely sure if he should leave or not, but for now decides to stay.

"Has Inari-no-kami blessed you today?"
PM if thread desired