[D7, EM] And Back to It Early (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D7, EM] And Back to It Early (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Hikimasu entered the dojo again that morning. Dressed properly for iaido again as the previous day, he bowed after leaving his sandals and blades behind. Taking up a bokken he assumed his stance, not sitting as he had before, but standing, proper for the traditional Iaijutsu style duel.

Perhaps later he could speak again to Zang, he enjoyed the man's attitude and open manner of discussion.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Zang

Re: [D7, EM] And Back to It Early (Open)

Post by Shika Zang » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Given that he did not have to oversee an event today, Zang was easily found instructing his students in the art of the bow.

"Draw and release in one smooth motion! Samurai are master of the sword and the bow! It should come as naturally to you as breathing!" he instructed as arrows flew in the general direction of the targets.

He smiled and offered a short bow to the Scorpion while he had a bow in hand.

"Ah, Shosuro-san, welcome back to the dojo!"
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:15 pm

"Good morning, Shika-sensei", he returned the bow properly. "I see your students are practicing well today. I hope my advice the other day was well received. I am still working on dealing with some issues with music, and I see we are partaking of that art today. Will you be attending to watch?"

OOC
D7, EM. Dojo with Zang. Agenda, water/courtesy | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
using water, drop 2 strife with opportunity.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Zang laughed.

"Ah I suppose, though I really only sing after too much sake." he says, amused. "But I should probably stick around just in case things get out of hand. Some people get far too serious about these competitions and might start to get ideas of using the gong mallet on someone that is not the gong."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:45 pm

"It ensures everyone will have a good time if someone is there to provide a watchful eye", he agreed. "Such poor treatment of instruments is shameful, though there are some that enjoy the beating, like taiko." He nodded. "Do you play at festivals?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:48 am

Needing to train was Luixian. She had been off on her own thing for days now and she knew that she needed to begin socializing with the rest of the samurai.

She didn't like it.

She walked into the dojo and performed all of the required niceties. Out of the way now she went to the training weapon racks and picked out a staff. Wasn't a favorite but it would do the job well.

With it in hand she began looking for any poor sap that could serve as an partner for the morning. The other Scorpion in the room caught her attention and she made her way over to him. She bowed to him and the Shika.

"Morning."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:11 am

Zang laughed at the Shosuro's comment.

"Ah, marry into the Deer clan, Shosuro-san, and you can see what I'm like at all of our festivals!"

He bowed at the approach of the other Scorpion.

She hadn't been seen about the miai for a few days. This wasn't that unusual. Every miai there were a handful of samurai who were content to make just enough of an appearance to satisfy their Duty, and that was it. It didn't change how the miai ende3d for them...just deprived them of any happy memories of it.

"Afternoon, Bayushi-san. What's your pleasure for training?" he offered, knowing that some samurai were just a lot more comfortable talking with their fists.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:31 pm

"I have seen pretty Shika maids, but much to my expectation none have seen fit to bless me with an inviting gaze. Perhaps that will change if my fortunes continue to improve in these contests", he told Zang.
Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:48 am
"Morning."
Oh shit

He bowed quite properly. "Bayushi-san, good morning. Come to have some fun today or simply to sharpen your edge?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:51 am

"Rather feel the weight of a tetsubo or war hammer in my hands but I think today a staff will work well enough, Shika-sama." She answered the crazy haired Deer.

The Scorpion was doubtful that there would be happy memories here.

"Is there a difference between having fun and sharpening ones edge Shosuro-san? Is it not good to use every interaction as a way to better yourself?" She snorted. "Or some bullshit like that."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:28 am

"Could be, or could be fun is bashing skulls, while sharpening your edge is finding a worthy skull to bash", he answered.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description