[D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:26 pm

As soon as the bo rose, Hikimasu shifted and side stepped, catching Unsei straight in the gut with the length of the bokken instead of the tip. He stepped past her completely to avoid the possibility of a counter attack.

Though he had a feeling the Seppun would probably fall over.

If Unsei could say there was a feeling emanating off the Scorpion, it would be annoyance, not anger. It was clear he didn't want to be doing this, but wasn't going to hold back, either.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm

For their credit, they didn't fall over, but they definitely weren't having the best time as they used the bo to stay upright. Their side hurt and probably would be bruised, but that didn't bother them that much.

Their fingers twitched briefly, tempted to call upon the kami, but they chuckled the thought away. "Not bad."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:27 pm

"Though you're slight, at least you're big enough that didn't floor you a second time", he said evenly. "Again?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:49 pm

"Nah, I think that's good enough for today. I gave you a pretty good work around." They nodded like they weren't struggling to breath right now and holding onto the bo for dear life.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:11 pm

He walked over to Unsei. "if we're done..."

And he took her hand to help her stand up straight.

"Then let me help you."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 pm

They were currently using their freehand to press against their bruise while their other hand held the staff. A bit begrudgingly because it hurt, they moved their hand away from the hit to Hiki's.

"Don't really know what help I'll need. Not much you can do for that."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:33 pm

"I suppose I could hit you again", he said and drew Unsei back to standing straight. "Helping in the wrong direction, I know, but at least even you could see what I was doing." He was clearly teasing, but didn't give the Seppun a chance to lash out about it and guided her over to the edge of the dojo, near the entrance.

"You know, I don't really mind how much of a pain you are, but if you're actually interested in training I don't mind helping with that."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:05 pm

"You could hit me again. And then I'd call upon the kami to blast you through the wall." They said, casually reminding him that though they were physically weak, they had the power of gods and (anime) spirits on their side.

"I do actually want to learn though. I'm interested in it and if I cant get you to help, I'll just go to Lui-chan... wherever she's hiding anyway."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:08 pm

"You probably climbed her thinking she was a tree at some point", he said. "And doesn't she have a quail to look after? You shouldn't disturb her."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:38 pm

"Dunno. She's rather... loud. Don't think I could climb her without her complaining. The quail is weird too. But... um. That does remind me. I think I'm going to go out to the markets tomorrow and get a duckling. The more I think about it, the more I want a pet." They admitted. "But anyway, what. Are you afraid of her or something? Is that why you dont want me bothering her? Afraid I'll wake up the purple crusty crab whatever her nickname is."