[D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:36 pm

He stopped and thought of how to answer that.

"There is a Unicorn I'd like to impress, certainly", he allowed. "Though doing so with music, i'm Uncertain it would work." Pressing on he stood across from where Unsei sat. "Just like I doubt I'll be impressing you that way with my kendo."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 pm

"Well, which Unicorn? The Moto or the Utaku? If it's the Moto, I can tell you that horse riding or fortune telling would probably work best, I think. She's planning on becoming one of their seers. If it's the Utaku... they're haunted by something, so if you could come up with some ideas on that, that could work to maybe earn some mochi points in her favor." They smiled some. "Unfortunately, that's about as much as I could help you. Well... I could help you by picking out what she might like in the market. Milk and bones was what she, Moto-san, used, so I'm sure she'd enjoy some more."

Then they stood up, bringing the bo up with them.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:49 pm

"And no great insight into how to impress you", he said with a defeated sigh. Then chuckled slightly. "Of course maybe all I have to do is stare?"

Staaaaaaaaarrrre.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:54 pm

"I just... I had been meaning to write you a letter about it, but I don't think I could be the wife you want, Shosuro-san." They admitted softly, eyes downcast. "When I said I could be, I... was a bit in the heat of the moment, but the more I thought on it later, the more I realized I don't want to have to look like a woman every day. Not to mention the fact that... well... you kind of did just get up and leave yesterday, saying I'd need to seduce you, yet... now you're asking me to give you tips... on how to impress me. I just... Sometimes I feel worse after talking to you than I did before I ran across you and then other days, I feel happier, but it's just.. it's rather up and down at the best of times."

"This isn't to say that I don't like being around you. I do, but... the biggest issue is that I don't think I could be the wife that you want."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:53 pm

He should be angry, insulted, possibly shamed.

Probably all three.

Hikimasu laughed. "If that's what you think, I have no words to stop you, Seppun-sama", he staid. "Though if truth be told I was talking about whether or not you could carry my heir. Looking like a woman every day is your decision, I thought you'd understand that when we spoke about Shosuro and Bayushi, and...", he recalled something else. "you've already told me you'd like to do as you will, but I continued talking to you anyway."

He put his bokken under his arm, lifting his hand to his chin, thoughtful again.

"This might sound utterly insulting, but I think I've finally figured it out."

Unsei is absolutely a woman.

"You met someone you like."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:18 am

"Well when all you said was wife, how was I supposed to read between the lines and know that you meant someone who could get pregnant? Shosuro was a damned woman, at least when around Bayushi. So when you told me that story and then said you wanted a wife, how in the hells was I supposed to know you just wanted someone who could carry kids." They said back, trying to keep their voice at reasonable levels so they weren't just screaming at the dojo.. like the other bushi.

And then there was that last line. For the first time, Unsei's face twisted into what could closest resemble anger.

"Yeah, I like all of like two or three people at this damned miai, including your-" For emphasis, they reached forward with the end of the bo and poked him in the center of his chest, though it wasn't exactly the most gentle of pokes. "-Dumbass. If I didn't, I would avoid you like I avoid that Moth."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:26 am

You're a Seppun, reading between lines is necessary. You're also Unsei though, but at least I like that about you.

He took the poke like a samurai should.

"Ow."

He rubbed his chest slightly. "Fine, very well, I hear you, but I did explain and it isn't so much reading between the lines as it is...just thinking about what I say instead of only reacting to the words...being outwardly thoughtful isn't easy, it also isn't what I've been taught since birth, you know?"

He made a face, it slightly touched his eyes. It looked like he hated whatever it was.

"So despite your anger I do like your stupid face as well."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:41 am

Unsei couldn't read. They technically could, but they couldn't.

"Do I look like a courtier to you? I am just a shugenja. One who only knows how to... well... deal with the less savory things, shall we say. Also, you aren't even a courtier. Why are you trying to give me a course on reading between the lines."

Then they huffed and clumsily twirled the bo before holding it like a walking stick. "Good. Because I like your stupid face, too. Even if it's stupid. And... face-y. And covered half the time so I can't even give any little pecks or anything. Or if you hate compliments and always act like I'm stabbing you each time I say one. And if you think I should seduce you, but then ask me how to give you tips on how to win points with me while also not even subtly talking about trying to impress a whole other person. And then just... just... Gah! You-You just..." They didn't have words at this point to convey what they were feeling and had resorted to moving their free hand about.

"Fuck you're aggravating, and I know I am, too. Yet I do like you."

This has just got to be Benten being a bitch to us at this point.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:57 am

"Well then, you see a problem, perhaps one day you'll do something about it", he said. He wasn't angry at her, he just didn't want to continue the discussion in public. They'd said enough already.

"Let's finish that discussion another time", he suggested. "Right now I need to go have a think."

Absolutely a woman.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:09 am

"No. You're not just walking away again."

Fucking men.

"Get back here and fight me." Unsei knew they'd get absolutely destroyed in a fight, but they'd heard it was at least a good way to deal with emotions.

Or was that sex?

"We said we were going to spar and that's exactly what we're going to do."