[D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:06 pm

The Scorpion, now clearly a daily regular, entered the dojo and after observing protocol he began his routine.

Yet when he was finished with spear work, he went straight to practicing his quick draw. He began from sitting, his blade on the dojo floor next to him. Mentally envisioning the scene he was having tea with Shika Pei Pei and a certain man of no description. Pei Pei had told the man she would not approve his proposed marriage to a certain woman, at this he revealed true colors of violence.

Hikimasu rose from seiza to his knee, the blade in his hand, handle striking the target in the gut to stun them. He shifted and completed the draw, bringing the sword down in a finishing strike.

He sat again, the sword sheathed, then reached down as if for his cup of tea.

The circumstances and people often change in this exercise, but the result is often the same. He was still feeling too slow.

Tsk.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D6, MA] Sometimes Training Late is Ok (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:12 pm

And then there was Unsei. Why they were there in the dojo of all places was beyond their own knowing, but... they were still there. Might as well be like the rest of the bushi and try to learn how to hit something.

So, they looked around and when their eyes landed on that ever familiar Scorpion, they winced a little. The last time they had spoke... didn't quite go well. At least with how Unsei viewed it. Still, one supposed that there was something about trying again or doing that 'communication' thing that so many people said worked well.

With their head held high, they grabbed a bo from a training rack and walked over to him. Then, like the annoying semi-adult they were, they poked him in the side, gently, with the end of the staff.

"You wanna... uh... train together?" They asked, focusing on just getting the words out instead of actually thinking, which would lead to over thinking, which would only lead to bad.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:21 pm

Hikimasu looked up at Unsei-Unsei. He gave them a lopsided smile, yet it was hidden by his mask, his eyes and likely also Unsei's own self doubt.

"I would be honored, Seppun-sama. You know you're the second Imperial I've trained with here in the dojo actually." He shifted to face the fortune teller then bowed, still seated. Placing his sword further away, he moved a bokken he kept near by to replace it.

"I am practicing my iaido, would you care to help with that or did you have something else in mind?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:33 pm

The mask certainly did its job. Unsei didn't notice the smile and so just stood there, just going by his words and taking them at face value.

"Um. Sure. I don't... know what that is, but I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what I need to do.And oh.. yeah, I'm sure my cousin has been here a bit. Bushi and governor and all that. Likely trains here a good bit more than I do."

Then Unsei remembered to bow back to him. "Do I need the bo or..?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm

He shook his head negative to the question.

"The quick draw is important for most samurai, though very important to those who find themselves in volitile social matters where a blade could be drawn in anger", Hikimasu explained.

He remained sitting. "Imagine if you will, i am accompanying a courtier as their retainer, it's my duty to be certain no harm comes to them. Some do this with their body only, but clever samurai can have a sword in hand very quickly, striking before the aggressor."

Then he gestured just ahead of him, to his right. "Would you sit there and face away from me?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:12 pm

They listened and understood most of that, so that was good enough for them. "Alright. Makes sense." Before sitting down, they set the bo off to the side and then sat where indicated.

"Am I just... Just like a training dummy at this point, though not to be hit. The dummy to protect?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:34 pm

"Yes, you are the dummy I am protecting", he said with slight amusement. "Now, you are negotiating something between two clans, and in an attempt to force peace, one side has turned their ire upon you. When they have even an inkling of allowing rage to consume their honor and judgment-"

Unsei would not hear the movement until it was over, they would feel the air shift over their head as the bokken passed over. Hikimasu had flown to his feet from seiza, weapon in hand and struck over the Seppun's head, he followed through with another strike, stepping past them imperial.

With a shift in his stance he retreated, watching around as if tracking everyone in the imagined room, the bokken returned to his side and he sat behind Unsei again as if nothing had happened.

"And your retainer has acted accordingly."

OOC
D6, Dojo. Iaido display with Unsei. Air/Meditation for Init | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Init 7, opportunity canceling strife.
D6, Dojo. Iaido display with Unsei, tech. Air/Martial arts | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image
Opportunities to show off.

Hikimasu is up three strife, not compromised.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Unsei was, admittedly, too busy focusing on being called a dummy to realize that Hikimasu had even moved until he was already done with it. With the reflexes of a drunk cat, Unsei ducked down way after he was finished and then reached up to touch the top of their hat, making sure nothing had been chopped off.

"Fuck you're fast." They murmured from nearly ground level before they finally sat back up. Realizing that if they valued their hat, they should probably set it off to the side, they did exactly that. Of course, doing so revealed the cowlick that nearly stood straight up that Unsei either didn't know about or couldn't ever get to lay down... or knew about and decided fit their personality well.

"Though, the one thing wrong with that encounter is I don't think anyone in their right mind would want me to broker peace for them. At best, I'd probably-" They cut themself off, doubt coming into the forefront of their mind again.

Would anyone even let me read for them after my terrible showing here? Can't even see my own future clearly anymore.

"Ah. I mean. I would hope I would have been able to see something like that coming, so I could duck in time and give you more room." Yeah. That was it.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:38 pm

He moved and sat in front of Unsei. "It's an exercise for me, not you", the Scorpion told them. "You don't need to worry about the details."

He sat back a little, observing the Seppun. "You're still quite bothered."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:55 pm

"Well, I thought I'd try and contribute something so I'm more than just... sitting here. But, I mean I can just go back to sitting and doing nothing instead if it helps."

They paused. "Bothered how?"