(D6, LA) Bureaucrat-do, Way of the Papercut

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D6, LA) Bureaucrat-do, Way of the Papercut

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:56 am

"I will be sure to do so, and will be glad to be in your care. M imoThough even spending time chatting in the dojo now is improving the experience here, so perhaps you are simply a blessing to have around during any endeavor." He smiled pleasantly at her, meeting her eyes with his own.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:19 am

"Oh, such words seem so out of place in so martial a place as we find ourselves in." Shizuka continued to play coy, but there were no illusions on offer beyond the surface - it was playing at being the blushing maiden and nothing more. "And, as I recall, we are not exactly alone, Kitsu-san."
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:27 am

"Then perhaps such words should be reserved for a more fitting locale at a later time. And you could instead join me for a bit of exercise in the spirit of the dojo," he suggests with a smile, offering a later meeting if she wishes.

"Do you study any martial pursuits?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:39 am

"Martial pursuits? Feats of arms are the province of bushi, are they not?" Shizuka got a thoughtful expression. "And I am no bushi, but..."

Nodding firmly, "I have become familiar with some weapons, Kitsu-san. Am I to understand that priests knowing about such things are commonplace in your clan?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:23 am

He nods at that. "Yes, but not only priests. I am trained as an omoidasu and bureaucrat. But I am more versed in military related concerns than either. It's... expected of lion to understand such things, and never looked down on if we strengthen that understanding," he says with a nod.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:43 am

"Oh, I..." Shizuka blinked, clearly having been caught off guard by that response. "My apologies, I had thought...well, you know."

"I should not have presumed."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:18 pm

"Presumed that my tongue was less talented than my hands?" he asks with a playful grin.

"I can forgive that. It's a common mistake when looking at many Lion. Usually you can figure it out by the presence of a katana on the hip, but I defy that convention as well."

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:04 am

Shizuka's eyes drifted down to the Kitsu's hip and lingered a moment. She noted his hard, long...sword and paired wakizashi: the daisho, which she might probably should have noticed was there before.

"Oh! So you do. How so very different from what I had assumed wrongly, Kitsu-san. Alas, I cannot say such things for myself. I am what you see before you."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:44 am

"I doubt that you are so simple. I am certain you have hidden depths I would not mind finding myself lost in. Would you mind sharing a bit of yourself with me?" he asks with a grin.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:43 am

"Upon our first meeting, Kitsu-san?" Shizuka chides lightly. "I don't know what you were expecting, but that's not the way the daughters of the Moshi are brought up."

Still, she looked amused. "Mm. Quite witty, though. And quite unlike your other kinsman whom I met previously. Would happen to know him? Matsu Ishioka?"