[D5, EM] Early Morning is Still for Training (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D5, EM] Early Morning is Still for Training (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Unlike D4, Hikimasu got the day right this time and went to the dojo for training. He prepped a practice spear after leaving his sandals and daisho in the dojo's care. He bowed to the place of honor and was glad for his umbrella. Dripping his Scorpion filth everywhere would just make the Shika upset.

Quickly then, he began his routine. He expected to improve over time, seeing the Shika spear experts in action so often. A shame he wouldn't get to use it along side them one day, but the memories would last.

When he was done, he looked around for Zang, who was normally there in the morning. Maybe he could make an impression on the man. Doubtful, but Hikimasu had come to understand he had to try things more these days.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Zang

Re: [D5, EM] Early Morning is Still for Training (Open)

Post by Shika Zang » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Zang was, in fact, in the dojo. A small group of four Deer had him surrounded. Still, even outnumbered 4 to 1, Zang was holding off each with ease. Even when more than one would try to team up to take the sensei down, or distract him from an opponent coming up from behind, Zang was fending off each blow. He was not stationary though. The fight was slowly but surely moving towards a training dummy. Once they got within 10 feet of it, Zang dodged a blow and then threw his weapon into the heart of the training dummy.

"And your charge is dead." he declared as the Deer lowered their weapons in defeat.

He looked over at the Scorpion approaching.

"Good morning, Bayushi-san!" he called out cheerily. "Care to tell these students what they should have done differently?"
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:48 pm

He'd watched, and from a tactics stance he had ideas, but what he really thought was that their approach was off in general. They knew Zang's skill and method and it likely affected their thinking.

He bowed. "I am a beginner compared to all of you, all I can offer is that they should have sacrificed two in order to buy time, the other two could have made haste away with their charge." He straightened. "Thinking out side the exercise is sometimes necessary, even if it costs you, or seems unseemly."

OOC
Agenda Roll, water.
D5, EM. Agenda with Zang. Martial Arts/Water | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Last edited by Shosuro Hikimasu on Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:53 pm

On this morning the Kaito was wearing a more militaristic clothing since her robes were wet. The priestess smiled at the Scorpion and the Shika. Hopefully she is not interrupting anything important. She sat on the sidelines watching these two spar.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:53 pm
On this morning the Kaito was wearing a more militaristic clothing since her robes were wet. The priestess smiled at the Scorpion and the Shika. Hopefully she is not interrupting anything important. She sat on the sidelines watching these two spar.
Hikimasu bowed to the Shika again, thanking them for their time. He hoped he did indeed make an impression, and possibly a good one. He noted the miko and approached as she had given a greeting when she arrived.

"Kaito-san, good morning, I hope you're feeling well in this rainy weather."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:37 pm

"Hai... I hope Inari no kami has blessed you today." The priestess smiled.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:03 pm

"I ate, yes. I imagine you have as well. So what brings you to the dojo this morning?" he twirled the spear deftly. "Looking to improve your vigor a bit?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:03 pm

"Ah... well.... I am try to not get too rusty on what my father had taught me." She nodded. "Not really vigor more... how to fend for myself."
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:14 pm

"Only a figure of speech", he said, waving that off. "Would you care to demonstrate your technique?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm

"It is not really good but... well." She took her stance. The Kaito wield no weapon and he would note her body was still flexible under the training gear.
Smells like flowers