D4 EE - Fists of, well, mild irritation (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Aimi

D4 EE - Fists of, well, mild irritation (Open)

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Unarmed combat is not, generally speaking, the sort of thing that the samurai of Rokugan value very highly. And yet a ronin must be able to make do with whatever they have available, and in the more dire cases, that means their fists alone. And so Aimi is here, her fancy kimono replaced by a hard-wearing set of travelling clothes, practicing her routine.

Her fists and forearms are wrapped in strips of cloth, as are her shins. The wooden practice dummy before her currently bears no weapon, but several props rest nearby, ready for a potential swap. The ronin bounces on her heels, sweat starting to run down her face, and hammers the false foe with a barrage of punches, kicks and sweeping trips.

She seems to be enjoying herself.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Susaki Tanabe

Re: D4 EE - Fists of, well, mild irritation (Open)

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:13 pm

The dojo was always a solid bet on where you could find the big Otter. He had been in earlier to work some stress out after the big event of the day but he had instead learned about how to better handle a spear. It wasn't that that wasn't fun but it hadn't been exactly what he was looking for.

So as the day wound down he came back to the dojo to get a more intense workout in. As he entered he saw another, and more interestingly he saw them practicing unarmed martial arts. Something of a favorite of his.

The big Otter observed the entering ritual and turned to Aimi with a bow "Samurai-sama, you have good form where did you train to fight like that?" He asked her as he walked to a conversational distance.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:13 pm
The dojo was always a solid bet on where you could find the big Otter. He had been in earlier to work some stress out after the big event of the day but he had instead learned about how to better handle a spear. It wasn't that that wasn't fun but it hadn't been exactly what he was looking for.

So as the day wound down he came back to the dojo to get a more intense workout in. As he entered he saw another, and more interestingly he saw them practicing unarmed martial arts. Something of a favorite of his.

The big Otter observed the entering ritual and turned to Aimi with a bow "Samurai-sama, you have good form where did you train to fight like that?" He asked her as he walked to a conversational distance.
Rolling her shoulders, Aimi finishes her kata and turns to face the big... person? Well, no, samurai obviously, but the Clan... wait crap she'd seen this guy at some of the miai events, surely...

"A comrade of mine, actually," she says with a confident grin, working her fingers to banish the lingering ache. "Choji-san was always the biggest of us, so he always got picked for guard duty or throwing drunk patrons out the front door. Picked up a few things, passed them onto me, way of the world."

She bows briefly, still hopping from one foot to another from the lingering rush of the routine. "Aimi, of no Clan or Family. Pleased to meet you!"

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:19 pm

He had noticed her at the events as well, faces came easy here since they all gathered once a day for the vents but names were still mystery for a lot of it but he listened to the story with a warm smile "Ah yes drunken opponents are always a fun training partner." he said very familiar with dealing with drunks and the over rambunctious.

"Susaki Tanabe of the Otter clan. Nice to meet you Aimi-san." The Susaki essentially being a group of ronin that became a family had a close relationship to ronin who often patronized their barges "Well Choji-san taught you well." he gave her a grin "Would you like a target that can actually hit back?"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:43 pm

"You volunteering, Susaki-san?" Aimi says with a grin, looking up... and up... and up at him. "Ah, but come now, surely this is unfair. A big man like you, against a delicate little wandering priestess like me? Surely some manner of handicap would be appropriate..."

She's still smiling, and there's a rather calculating gleam in her eye as she sizes the big man up.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 pm

He's seen that gleam before, people by default thought that ronin were dumber mainly because clan samurai tend to look down to them in general but Tanabe had learned they can be just as crafty as any Scorpion. Tanabe just grinned "How often does that innocent act work on people eh Aimi-san?"

"But as I am a trained Bushi, trained in hand to hand specifically I'll grant you a handy cap." he decided to go along with it, see where it goes "What did you have in mind? One hand tied behind my back?"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:34 pm

"Innocent act? Why, Susaki-san, you wound and insult me," Aimi replies, one hand over her heart as she gasps in mock outrage, "I would never dream of using my status and stature to my advantage. And yes, if you are willing, I think one hand will be quite sufficient."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Tanabe laughed a full belly laugh at the response "Well then you are a rare ronin indeed, most I've met seek any advantage they can." He took a few steps closer "so would you like to physically tie it or do you trust in my honor to not use it?" He asked with a smile.