[D4 LM] Working out the Stress

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D4 LM] Working out the Stress

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:42 am

"I'm glad to hear it. I'm sure that the fans of the sport would rip me apart if something happened," he said, continuing the practice repetitions. "So... what is your actual record, in numbers?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:30 am

Tanabe smiled as they fell back into the rhythm of the repetitions "I am still early in my career and have only competed in small courts around Badger lands but I am so far nine and zero." he said happily "I am hoping that if I have a few more good showings I could someday be invited to the sumai tournament at the winter court."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:18 pm

"Well, I see you have the build to carry yourself all the way there, and you have the talent and resultant record. I hope you will get to perform for the Emperor one day," he agrees with a nod. "But if you end up facing a Lion in those bouts you'll leave me in a state of not knowing who to cheer for."

He continues the practice, matching Tanabe's pace.

"Where was your last match?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:37 am

"Well depends on if you want to be cheering for the winner or not." he said with a grinning out of hand confidence that came easy to him.

"Last match was in Slow Tide Harbor last winter. Three rounds of matches mostly ronin and minor clans only one or two real competitors. It was pretty fun though."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:01 am

"I see. That is a long time between matches. A lot of months. You sure you're not so out of practice that even I might beat you?" he asks, a playful confidence that counters Tanabe's own.

"I may be known for my legendary document filing skills, but that only gives me strong hands. The hours of cramps and the numerous paper cuts... Once I get a hold of something I don't let go until its time for tea."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Tanabe grins "Well maybe one of these days we'll go for a tumble and find out how out of practice I am."

"Just don't be mad if you end up flying across the dojo Kitsu-sama." He said as they finished a set. Tanabe stretched raising his arms up and groaned as he did "Alright well I think that's enough spear practice for today." He said leaning on the practice weapon. "Can't tire myself out too much in the morning, have a whole day to make it through."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:20 pm

"Of course," Murato replied, moving to set his spear aside on a rack. After that, he starts stretching his shoulders and arms out a bit.

"I look forward to more practice sessions with you Susaki-san." He gives the Otter a friendly smile. "I imagine I've got a lot I'll be able to learn."