[D4 LM] Working out the Stress

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D4 LM] Working out the Stress

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:36 pm

His thrusts remain precise and quick, not tiring as of yet. He smiles at the thought. "Well, I am trained by the Ikoma, and was raised by my father who married in from the Otomo. So I suppose I learned to interact differently as well."

He looks to Tanabe, pausing for a moment to scratch an itch at his ankle. "Well, if the topic ever comes up when speaking with her. Yo can feel free to let her know I would be honored to be an Otter. The position and status mean less to me than most would think. And I would guess that having Kitsu pureblood in the Usogawa ruling line would matter little to the Otter. But I do offer one other thing that many cannot. My ancestry is traced all the way back to Otomo himself. Thse are things I would not want to speak to her myself about... It feels too much like hawking myself like a merchants wares. But they are things I would want her to be aware of as well. But I much prefer just enjoying our time getting to know each other."

He began thrusting again about halfway through.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:16 pm

"Kitsu-sama you are craftier than you appear by half! You wish to not talk yourself up but leave such things to her dear and trusted yojimbo. Surely you are aware that she trusts me and my opinions in things. You make yourself look humble to me and use my connection to Usogawa-sama to boost the message of your benefits. Quite crafty indeed, are you sure your name is not Shosuro-sama." He said teasingly as they paused.

He resumed the exercises as well "I kid mostly I'd be happy to hawk you to Usogawa-sama. You seem like a good man, though I have only met you."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:42 pm

"Not quite so crafty as a Shosuro," he says with a smirk. "But the Otomo have been known to be nearly so. My father has been influential in my life."

Thrust, return, thrust, return... he does not seem to let up but does not over-exert or -extend.

"I strongly suspect that you are not looking for a husband or I might offer to speak well of you to the other Lion here. But you couldn't possibly be interested in them if you haven't even complimented my own eyes yet," he jokes, referring to the distinct lack of female Lions samurai. "Such is life. But I can of course offer to be a training partner. My sensei is giving a rare show of approval as we speak."

Which was an odd statement with nobody else in the room.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Tanabe grinned at the Kitsu as he thrusted "Well it looks like someone isn't wholly humble. Maybe those golden eyes of yours just aren't my taste Kitsu-sama." He said with a touch of playfulness.

"In all honesty I do prefer women, yes, but I have had my experiences with men as well. Though I usually tend towards....softer men in those cases." He explained grinning a little but an eyebrow raised as Murato mentioned a sensei. The big Otter looked right and left "Oh? Did they travel with you from Lion lands? Also where are they hiding?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:34 pm

"In all honesty. I have not had experiences at all really. Nothing physical. I've felt connections and bonds but never followed through on any of them. Perhaps out of concern I'd end up disappointed, heartbroken. The worst kind of pillow book story," he explains.

"And no, my sensei is right here," he says planting the base of the spear on the floor then letting it start falling over. And and then it switched directions and was flung right back at his shoulder with a bit more force. "Kitsu Taiko-san doesn't like when I drop my weapon mid practice."

The bard begins his thrusting practice once more after the very mundane supernatural demonstration. "He likes you though. Says I need to get more muscle like you."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 pm

Tanabe nodded "I am no experienced lover but on the river connections can be more......fleeting. when you don't stay in the same place for long its harder to build lasting connections. But there have been some short ones. Nothing too serious."

Tanabe watched the display with eyes a little wide "Oh well isn't that something! I don't know much about spirits but your sensei has good taste." He said with a bright smile "I would be happy to add you to my daily workouts Kitsu-sama. I will warn the Badger training is quite vigorous."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:16 pm

"I would appreciate that. Their skill with the hand is well known, and it's a skill I lack. Which honestly, while Taiko-san will approve, my father will not. But he wasn't raised a Lion either. There are some expectations for a bard that don't include combat training, but no lion would look poorly on a samurai practicing such."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:16 pm

Tanabe nodded with bright smile and friendly eyes "consider it done. Though only some of my daily drills have to do with sumai most of it is strength, endurance and Agility exercises."

"What would your father rather have you spend your time doing? Reading books or something?" He asked with an eyebrow raise.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:24 pm

"Focused study on bureaucratic processes as my assigned duty requires. But honestly, many of the other bureaucrats working in a similar position are 30 or more years my senior, retired quartermasters and aide-de-camps that know how such systems work from years of experience but with very little formal training. I was fortunate enough to have my father's guidance in learning the processes since that was his function in the Imperial city before marrying my mother," he explains. "And every one of the people I work with tell me I should be in the dojo until I can beat them in a match."

"I look forward to training with you in the future then Susaki-san. What hour do you begin and do you do so here or run laps around the castle?" He's seen a lot of Akodo doing that, and has done so once or twice himself, though he only started to feel that conditioning recently.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 am

"huh." was all the Otter said at first "Sounds awful but I was never one for books and studying. I know its important just would rather learn through doing. I lose focus if I try to sit still and read from a book or just listen to someone talk." he commented as he did some spins with the practice weapon.

at the question he shrugged "Its not an exact schedule, us Otter are kind of go with the flow. Typically I start my day with a run through the forest, I like the un predictable terrain but could do the track if you preferred. Then sometime in the afternoon will do body weight exercises for strength and usually round out the day with practicing kata. You're welcome to join in as much or as little as you like." he said with a smile.