[D4, EM] Early Morning is for Training (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D4, EM] Early Morning is for Training (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:34 pm

The Scorpion looked thoughtful, eyes looking up at the ceiling a moment, only to fall blank and dead back on Ishioka.

"The Lion have a great love of Noh from my understanding", he said. "That's austere compared to Kabuki style, but even the wild emotion of kabuki theater has very rigid traditions to it." He thought a moment longer.

"Most plays lack dialogue aside the chorus and the beginning and end because they are meant to allow you to feel something, you watch the performance and must take something from it for yourself. Though many read treatise on what the author intended, but they are lickspittles trying to sound intelligent." he chuckled a little. "It's simply arrogance. So, Matsu-san, in all honesty, liking or not liking a play from a gut feeling is to me, truly the most accurate way to judge them. Yet if you are interested in learning more about how theater is typically enjoyed by it's fans, I think I can help with that."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:52 pm

The Matsu listens to this explanation very intently, though the narrowed eyes that come along with this focus do not relent when the Scorpion finishes.

"Hmm," the Lion rumbles as he thinks. "Long assignment to Kyuden Hida has skewed my theater understanding -- very strongly, apparently -- in favor of draw-lot plays, which are, well, much less formalized affairs as you know." Ishioka smiles a bit, thinking back to some memories from such performances.

"Most artistic pursuits are... limited... among most Matsu I have encountered, so I have, admittedly, almost no frame of reference for such things," he concedes. "But if Shosuro-san has time to impart some of his wisdom in this area, I would be appreciative of the opportunity to learn." Ishioka's voice suggests some hesitancy about what he's saying, though it's not clear where the uncertainty comes from.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:12 pm

"Then we shall, if Matsu-san can help me with the why of it. Bringing such understanding helps in explaining", he said confidently. "We don't have years to do enough properly."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:26 pm

The Lion chicks his head and gives a very modest scowl, but when he speaks it becomes clear the scowl had nothing to do with Hikimasu.

"It is simply a fact that none of us know where this miai and our matches will take us. I would..." He hesitates on his word choice amidst so long it becomes awkward. "I would rather not appear... insensitive... or ignorant... should I need to be conversant in this area." He briefly seems to be looking around to verify he was not overheard saying this.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:35 pm

He thought about that.

"Well I understand keeping an image of capability", the Scorpion nodded. "Though, honestly Matsu-san, wouldn't it be an ease to your heart if your intended was one who could teach you, and would also be happy to do so?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description