[D4, EM] Early Morning is for Training (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D4, EM] Early Morning is for Training (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Hikimasu had been to the dojo enough in the afternoon, it had made him feel lazy despite still going every day. No, he had to do it in the morning. Yes, he was lazy, but that's exactly why he had to go back to his normal routine. Otherwise he'd find an excuse to not do it at all, eventually.

He participated in some drills with the Shika students present, using his spear and from time to time discussing the points of the yari's use. He was free in sharing his knowledge, and was interested in their wisdom as well, as he'd noted the width of the castle hallways. He wondered if Kyuden Shika had ever been attacked, honestly.

After that, he decided to cool down, then he took part in some stretches and calisthenics.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D4, EM] Early Morning is for Training (Open)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 pm

As the Scorpion stretches, a somewhat familiar figure fills a good portion of the dojo's doorway as Matsu Ishioka enters. He's wearing fawn-colored attire suitable for exercise in the dojo. He passes the Scorpion as he comes in, giving a nod and respectful, "Good morning, Shosuro-san," to the other man, then occupies space in Hikimasu's vicinity but distant enough that he could be politely ignored. The big Lion begins a series of stretches himself.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 pm

"Good morning:, Hikimasu returned the greeting. When he finished his cool down, he approached the Lion.

"I would compliment you on your early diligence, but haven't you been awake several hours already?" He asked, ready for the deadpan response, but hoping the Matsu might see the Shosuro's amusement wasn't meant as an insult.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:05 pm

The Lion, who'd been in a lunge position, rises. Only partially because he enjoys being able to look down slightly at the scorpion.

"Rising early everyday, as Lord Akodo commanded. I appreciate the recognition, Shosuro-san. I had gone for a short run before heading here - only a mile. As a fellow early riser, you are welcome to accompany me on future morning runs." Ishioka's face remains quite bland, though his tone suggests he's being... friendly with this offer?
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:40 pm

He picked up his practice spear again. "The gesture is appreciated, but I have my own methods", he said with a bow. Like sleeping until the last minute, but I did make it here... "If I recall correctly you said you were one of the senior guard of the Lion embassy at Kyuden Hida? The castle build into the wall, headquarters of the Crab's first army, hmm? Sleep must be a true commodity there."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:58 pm

"The noble Crab would be most offended if their honored guests at embassies felt themselves in danger. Was Shosuro-san suggesting that my Crab cousins could not provide proper hospitality, or that this one is enjoying some kind of vacation here in the Deer lands?" The Matsu's neutral face is overshadowed by eyes that look at Hikimasu with the sort of curiosity that a wolf might show for a sheep who had wandered away from its flock.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:10 pm

"Matsu-san...you are a guardian of the same said Embassy in Crab lands", he said. "Do not seek to make it seem as if I am the one suggesting your hosts cannot protect you." He chuckled. "Your position is an honorable one, don't ruin it by being offended on someone else's behalf when no insult was offered."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm

"Shosuro-san is just overly concerned about my sleep, hmm? Very well then. A kind but unnecessary concern," the Lion says in a pleasant voice. There's a pause and then, "Oh, Shosuro-san, I have a follow-up question from the other night. Ah, if you have time to speak now? I wouldn't want to interrupt your method," he says, nodding toward the spear.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:02 pm

I think we've come far past that point...

He nodded his head. "Ask me your questions, Lion. I am ready." he decided not not fall into his stance, and just listened instead.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:23 pm

Ishioka's eyes narrow a little at being called "Lion," but he presses on, curiosity winning out.

"The other night, Shosuro-san indicated that it's typical for plays to be... I'll say complicated," he says, his scornful tone easy to pick up. "But I also wonder, what would you call traditional versus innovative in theater?" In the moment that Hikimasu probably needs to reel from such an odd question to be asking in a dojo, the Lion starts to explain.

"I have a very strong attachment to methods that are tried and true, slowly refined over time. I wonder if my reactions to plays are... related," he says logically.
Description