(D3, MA) Slice like the Scorpion (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Bayushi Mitsu

(D3, MA) Slice like the Scorpion (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Every stroke of the sword was an unexpected cut with a graceful arc. Bayushi Mitsu flew through the kata with enthusiasm, black robes and dark hair waving behind him.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D3, MA) Slice like the Scorpion (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:53 am

Raizo made his daily visit to the dojo, and nodded to the Scorpion who'd so needled the masked Crane the other day, then opted for a practice naginata.

And tried to keep his focus in the face of remembering how his time in the dojo had gone the day before.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:44 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:53 am
Raizo made his daily visit to the dojo, and nodded to the Scorpion who'd so needled the masked Crane the other day, then opted for a practice naginata.

And tried to keep his focus in the face of remembering how his time in the dojo had gone the day before.
"Ah, Shiba-san!" Bayushi put a quick and easy end to his kata, and sauntered over to the Phoenix, resting his bokken on his shoulder. "Come! I haven't practiced against a naginata in quite a while." The Scorpion cocked his head at the other man. "What do you say? We'll get some sake after, eh?"

Unflinchingly, the masked gaze considered Shiba. "You know...you seem a bit distracted, Shiba-san. Exercise will do you some good." He gestured with the bokken towards the center of the space.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:02 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:44 am
"Ah, Shiba-san!" Bayushi put a quick and easy end to his kata, and sauntered over to the Phoenix, resting his bokken on his shoulder. "Come! I haven't practiced against a naginata in quite a while." The Scorpion cocked his head at the other man. "What do you say? We'll get some sake after, eh?"

Unflinchingly, the masked gaze considered Shiba. "You know...you seem a bit distracted, Shiba-san. Exercise will do you some good." He gestured with the bokken towards the center of the space.
Raizo chuckled.

"Far be it from me to pass up a chance to see how you fight, Bayushi-san. And while I can't promise that my focus will be up to the task, I can certainly try..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:24 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:02 am
Raizo chuckled.

"Far be it from me to pass up a chance to see how you fight, Bayushi-san. And while I can't promise that my focus will be up to the task, I can certainly try..."
"Just not the face, eh Shiba-san? I would not want to scare anyone away with a fearsome visage." The Scorpion squared up, holding the bokken in front of him in both hands. "You do seem more at home in the dojo."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:24 am
"Just not the face, eh Shiba-san? I would not want to scare anyone away with a fearsome visage." The Scorpion squared up, holding the bokken in front of him in both hands. "You do seem more at home in the dojo."
"I'd say the same, but if you messed up my face, who'd notice, eh?"

He grinned, and raised the practice naginata.

"But yeah, weapons practice is more part of what I do most of the time..."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Well the thread title seemed inviting. So Hikimasu arrived. Daily dojo practice was important for a bushi anyway.

Paying respects to the dojo he slipped off his sandals and selected a practice spear this time.

Noting the Shiba and Bayushi he bowed. A shame it wasn't anyone new, but he'd found some comfort speaking with Raizo previously and Mitsu didn't seem like he'd attack him just for existing.

Maybe this would go well.

He still didn't immediately approach though, and began drills.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Raizo glanced over toward the Shosuro with a nod, then back at the Bayushi with a quizzical quirk of the eyebrow.

Wonder if these Scorpions get along...
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm
Raizo glanced over toward the Shosuro with a nod, then back at the Bayushi with a quizzical quirk of the eyebrow.

Wonder if these Scorpions get along...
"Shosuro-san," Bayushi greeted, though he didn't move at all - he was quite still, in fact. "What brings you to the dojo this afternoon?"

Whether Bayushi was watching for something in the Phoenix or not wasn't readily apparent. Without warning he lunged into an attack that left him quite exposed but at the same time demanded a defense.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Luckily, the reach- and haft- of the naginata made fending off a single swordsman relatively simple, as Raizo fell back into the relatively conservative stance a soldier would use in formation.

No heroics, just use your superior reach to keep him over there...
Remember to Breathe