[D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shiba Raizo

Re: [D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Okay Raizo, don't fuck this up.

"Okay, Aimi-san, the basics are all right..."

Raizo hit his own stance, which lacked anything like polish, but had a certain relaxed familiarity to it.

"... but you need to leave yourself room to relax into your movements, weird as that might sound. Your kenjutsu needs to be free to flow- even if you're not adopting a Water stance, the fluidity to make adjustments is key..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:42 pm

Koi closed her eyes for a moment, silencing her breathing to bring calm. As she heard the Shiba begin to instruct Aimi, quietly Koi reached into sleeve and produced a small deck of tarot cards covered in symbols and markings placing it in front of her lap.

She draw a circle around it with her finger, infusing her intention into the cards looking at Aimi smiled.

"Circle of Power I draw you with my voice, around and around I infuse my voice to you Void. Past, Present and in the future. Our echoes reflect in our shadows, overlapping, infusing us with a connection that fuels the circle. Round and round I draw you. Reveal to me your sight." She whispered softly, not wanting to distract the two as the began to train.
D2: EA. Scrying into the future of Aimi. Divination Innovation. Void/Theology. Moth School ability. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2

White Tiger: The next time the target (Aimi) uses a skill in the Martial skill group, they add a kept die showing strife and opportunity.
Koi held her hand delicately over the cards, infusing good intentions and hope. Drawing her fingers onto the card she pulled it back to glance at it.

Ahh Koi mused, and slipped the cards back into her sleeve mysteriously.You got this girl...
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 pm
Okay Raizo, don't fuck this up.

"Okay, Aimi-san, the basics are all right..."

Raizo hit his own stance, which lacked anything like polish, but had a certain relaxed familiarity to it.

"... but you need to leave yourself room to relax into your movements, weird as that might sound. Your kenjutsu needs to be free to flow- even if you're not adopting a Water stance, the fluidity to make adjustments is key..."
For all her banter and innuendo, Aimi truly is an attentive student, focusing on everything that Raizo says and doing her best to follow along. In this her background and eye for detail helps a great deal, as she is well used to picking up new skills and listening to what people mean to say in addition to what they do.

"I only have a dao, not a katana," she says at one point, while moving through a simple kata that Raizo just showed her, "Does that change the techniques any, Shiba-san?"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 pm
"I only have a dao, not a katana," she says at one point, while moving through a simple kata that Raizo just showed her, "Does that change the techniques any, Shiba-san?"
"Actually... yeah, a bit. Your reach is lessened, and it doesn't take an edge as well- but it's a lot more durable, and can take a lot more, er... abuse. And hard chopping."

He set his bokken aside and went looking for an approximation of a dao.

"And most people I know who use them wield them in pairs, which is a whole different technique- you only have the one?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Koi watched happily, a sly smile on her face and when Shiba walked away she mouthed to Aimi playfully.

Is he more Earth or Fire? She maimed to Aimi, quickly with a look that definitely was hinting that she meant a whole different kind of dojo.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Hush, Vixen, Aimi mouthed back at her friend while Raizo's back was turned. Really, as though the question even needed to be asked. Raizo-san was clearly of an earthy temperament, being given to morose introspection and dry commentary over the more vigorous bursts of enthusiasm that Fire would induce.

"Only one, yes," she says as Raizo turns back towards her, an innocent expression on her face swiftly replaced by a brief grimace, "I should have a true blade, but... well, convincing a smith to make you a daisho is a tall order, when one holds no fealty to a lord or station with which to command it. In most cases, it is a crime."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm

Koi beamed an impish smile upon her face before the Phoenix turned around and went. Ahh, Earth. She mouthed, and winked chortling to herself.

All stone and no play, no wonder her friend was as frustrated as she was. Koi sighed. I really need to deal with that.

She spent the next few minutes imagining a playful scene with a Tortoise, a Deer and a little wandering Ronin. Sometimes Koi liked to treat herself with her playful thoughts.

"Go Aimi-chan!" She called out playfully. "Show him your passion...in your technique.." She added after a second beaming a smile on her face.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Aimi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm
"Only one, yes," she says as Raizo turns back towards her, an innocent expression on her face swiftly replaced by a brief grimace, "I should have a true blade, but... well, convincing a smith to make you a daisho is a tall order, when one holds no fealty to a lord or station with which to command it. In most cases, it is a crime."
"Well. We'll have to work on that, won't we?"

Did I just propose? Well. I made a proposition, it's not the same thing...

"I mean, most likely you'll be leaving Kyuden Shika with fealty of some kind or another... Well. Anyway. Yes. Sword stuff."

He used the practice dao to demonstrate a few key differences.

"You can still do a draw-cut if you get close enough, but it's a hell of a chopping blade."

He subconsciously moved into Striking as Water as he demonstrated with the shorter weapon.

"Hopefully, you never need to use any of this, but... until we can get you a katana, best you practice with what you've got."

He was, true to form, utterly oblivious to the exchanges between the Moth and the ronin.
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm
"Go Aimi-chan!" She called out playfully. "Show him your passion...in your technique.." She added after a second beaming a smile on her face.
Don't threaten ME with a good time.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:35 am

"Hmm... you know, you're really quite good at this, Shiba-san," Aimi says thoughtfully, moving through a few of the motions he showed her. The movements aren't quite as fluid and consistent as Raizo makes them look, but she's clearly getting there. All that lies ahead is practice. Many, many hours worth of practice.

She turns to look at Koi for a moment, then rolls her eyes. "Passion, she says, while sitting there like a princess watching others work for her amusement," she says with a dramatic sigh, "Shall we indulge her, Shiba-san? Or would you rather move our lesson somewhere a little less public?"

Not that she has any ulterior motives there, of course. Perish the thought.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:44 am

Koi hooted with a small laugh, and sighed. "Okay, Aimi-chan if you are going be like that - I shall indulge you in this passionate display of fine swordsmanship that I have little to not experience with! I am most definitely not a princess."

She looked at Aimi with a smile clearly playfully said. I'm a Queen, bitch.

She fetched herself a bokken as that was her preferred style of combat, and entered a water stance or at least what passed one - glancing at Aimi for guidance but not quite getting it. "Eh, i-is this right?" She asked, all her confidence gone because of course she was getting a nice healthy dose of humble pie.