[D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kaikoga Koi

[D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:44 am

The Moth was annoyed, frustrated, confused, aroused , angry, curious, flabbergasted and appalled with events so far in Kyuden Shika. The events of the night still wrecking in her head as she arrived in the dojo after having the clusterfuck of an interview with Pei-Pei and just really on a path of self-loathing that even an Oni might take smother her just to give her a mercy.

She can into the dojo, with the wrapped katana that was given to her by June before leaving her Troop. The blade beautifully designed and balanced, wrapped in colours of her Clan and designed mostly for purpose but also to look pleasant - except the blade itself was not forged by a Kakita nor did it have any known style to any clan based smith of reknown.

She took a position in the dojo perhapsna safe distance away from people began to run through a kata. She was not skilled with the katana whatsoever but she is going to try, and learn and be able to defend herself.

Koi can learn the kami, read the spirits, perform to a crowd, survive with her Mother..she can learn to fight as well! She did not need a man to defend her.

She just wasn't good at it, and it showed.
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Re: [D2: EA] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:19 am

Of course Raizo was there.

A bushi at loose ends, with zero interest in several areas of Kyuden Shika, he continued practicing, keeping his hand in.

So he had an excellent view of the moth's.... fluttering.

Oof. Safest place to face her in a fight is right in front of her...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:37 am

Koi with the biggest determination she could muster practiced her little heart out. Her little flutterings kept her moving working on her fitness. Perhaps, this was her just being bad at something or perhaps she was doing this purposely to work on 2 things at once.
D2 EA: Beating a dummy up. Fire/melee. Tn 1 | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1

Opportunity negating strife.

She swung with the katana at a dummy, landing a pretty solid strike on the dummy though not perfect like a bushi perhaps but some moderate skill.

She tries, by kami at least she tries. She continued to do a series of strikes on the dummy crying out in a pseudo war cry as her blows hacked into the dummy the blade glinting before she stops panting as she forgot she needed to breath.

But the Moth kept chugging, she had a routine in her mind trying to run through it before dropping onto the matt and began to attempt push ups, she is incredibly focused and not designed for this training but by the kami she has got coals in her gut and she wants to work it out.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 am

Raizo cleared his throat.

"Looks to me like you need to hit something that'll feel it."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:05 pm

Koi srarted, she was so revelled in her mind that she did not notice the Shiba in the dojo causing her to lose concentration and fce plant into the matt from her push-up.

Oh..oh my aching face She grunted to herself as she rose up, her jade eyes flashing for a second before she calmed herself.

"Gomen.." She apologied, brushing her hands down. "I was focused on my circuit I did not see you."

Always one fucking person around to disrupt you. She thought miserably.

"I am Kaikoga Koi of the Moth Clan." She said, and shook her head. "Perhaps when I am more fit and know how to use a sword better. I was trained a shugenja, it did not come naturally to me to use a sword but I wish to change that."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Wait, there's a Moth Clan? Just how many of these minor clans are there?!

"Shiba Raizo, of the Phoenix."

He squatted down on his haunches and offered his hand.

"Take it from me, using a sword's a lot less satisfying than the stories make it seem. Still. You may as well do it right. You have an instructor?"

And if you do, I may need to kick their ass.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:05 pm

"Well met." She said, wiping her hand over her jaw for a moment allowing the sweat to come free. With her other she accepts the invitation and rising to her feet, and picked up the katana of her's.

"I never liked those stories about swords anyways, dull and all the same regardless of what an Ikoma might lead you to believe." She grinned wolvishly.

"Yeah, I would appreciate any assistance. No, my clan are shugenjas and artisans but that has never stopped me from learning skills needed to survive." She said, her jade eyes flashing. "At the end of it all, I can not rely on anyone more than myself."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:09 pm

"Shiba-san," comes a rather curt voice from behind the pair, "I do hope you're not being unpleasant to my good friend, ne?"

Aimi looks... well, almost as frustrated as Koi does. Of course, to be asked such questions about family and ancestors when one is a ronin... such would surely sting. And now she comes to the dojo to perhaps try and vent some of her stress, and she finds the famously dour and grumpy Shiba looming over the delicate and flustered form of her friend.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Koi leap to the defence of the Shiba with a wave of her hand. "Ney, Aimi-chan it looks like you and I might have had the same kind of conversation with Pei-Pei-sama from the look of you."

She glanced at the Phoenix. "I was just showing Shiba-sama the secret technique of the Moth Clan." She said lightly, joke clearly from the smile at Aimi.

Koi motioned to her circuit for practice. "Shiba-sama was going to help my technique so the blade from June-chan wasnt wasted on me."
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aimi

Re: [D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:22 pm

"Oh," Aimi draws up short, blinking, "Is that all? Well, now I feel a fool."

Sighing, she shakes her head. "And yes, the interview with Shika-sama was... trying. In that she asked me of my ancestors and their glorious deeds and I had to restrain myself from telling her I was born of a sailor and a back-alley whore."

She pauses, glances over at Raizo for a moment. "I don't think I was, for the record. But oh, the look on her face would have been fantastic to see..."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.