[D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shiba Raizo

Re: [D2: EA: Open] Too take up Bear Arms

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm

"Oh, Shika-sama? I think I managed to bore her as much as I bored myself."

Raizo made a face.

"A long line of ancestors whose service was neither spectacular nor sub-par makes for an incredibly dreary conversation. I'll try not to do the same to Kaikoga-san if it comes to that, but... "

He grinned.

"No promises. Just bop me on the head with your saya if I ramble on too much."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:05 pm

With a threatening scowl, Aimi brandishes her walking stick at him - a heavy length of wood clearly picked out from some primordial forest - before snorting and setting it down against the wall.

"Well, Shiba-san, if you're offering tutorials in hitting people with sharp objects, I might take you up on that," she says with a rough grin, already rolling her shoulders, "Friend of a friend taught me how to punch someone's lights out or kick them in the nads, but seeing as Koi-san and I are both samurai and all, we should really know proper swordsmanship, ne?"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:08 pm

"Only if you want to! My own punching technique leaves something to be desired, but uh.... let's start with bokken. Fewer chances to maim ourselves, hm?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:08 pm
"Only if you want to! My own punching technique leaves something to be desired, but uh.... let's start with bokken. Fewer chances to maim ourselves, hm?"
"Mm, of course, of course," Aimi says, nodding firmly. It only makes sense, after all. And... should she? Well, probably not, but she's already on edge and it feels a little silly to hesitate when he's already seen her naked. "If Shiba-san wishes to teach these delicate maidens how best to handle a solid length of wood, I promise to be a diligent student."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Aimi wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 pm
"Mm, of course, of course," Aimi says, nodding firmly. It only makes sense, after all. And... should she? Well, probably not, but she's already on edge and it feels a little silly to hesitate when he's already seen her naked. "If Shiba-san wishes to teach these delicate maidens how best to handle a solid length of wood, I promise to be a diligent student."
Something appeared disturbed in Raizo;s equilibrium for a split-second, a momentary thousand-yard stare crossing his features.

... Wat.

I mean. Would that be a bad thing?

Nope!

And I am IN NO WAY GOING TO THINK ABOUT THAT PARTICULAR INNUENDO AT GREAT LENGTH.

"Well, I'll try and be gentle, unless another approach would be preferred..."
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 pm
"Well, I'll try and be gentle, unless another approach would be preferred..."
"Hmm," Aimi murmurs thoughtfully, a wicked gleam in her eyes, "Well, gentle consideration can be nice, but there's certainly something to be said for a more vigorous approach, or perhaps one aimed at instilling a novice trainee with proper respect and obedience."

She should probably stop bullying the poor man... but its so satisfying watching his thoughts skitter violently, like a stone across the smooth surface of a lake.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Aimi wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:31 pm
Hmm," Aimi murmurs thoughtfully, a wicked gleam in her eyes, "Well, gentle consideration can be nice, but there's certainly something to be said for a more vigorous approach, or perhaps one aimed at instilling a novice trainee with proper respect and obedience."

She should probably stop bullying the poor man... but its so satisfying watching his thoughts skitter violently, like a stone across the smooth surface of a lake.
Oh I DO like you...

"Well, if a firm hand's what you're after, just let me know..."

He paused. Glanced at the Moth.

"Er, and, uh, you too, Kaikoga-san. Any concerns, just let me know."
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Koi paused.

She just stood there, and stared at the Shiba and at Aimi. She stared, and watched as they bickered and flirted with one another like a game of cat and mouse.

She knew the fucking game, she had been doing it since she had arrived.

She stared at Aimi and grinned a wicked grin, a mischievous grin, a grin that only a female friend to a female friend would understand and she delievered a look that since the dawn of time women all around the world have been able to communicate with one another on a strange, ethereal, telepathic and boardline supernatural way.

You like him don't you? You sly dog. Koi felt the tension from the meeting earlier wash away, and she raised her hand.

"Gomen, Shiba-sama. I think I have been winded by the air kami and I am now being called to the Earth for a bit." She said bowing her head. "Perhaps allow me to rest for a spell, and I shall watch."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 pm

"Oh, of course, Koi-san," Aimi says with a smile, and an innocent look that says Who, me?

Still, she probably should actually do some training, and with that in mind she crosses to the weapon racks provided in the dojo, grabbing a bokken from the ones provided to all visitors. Returning to their little spot by the wall, she rolls her shoulders and strikes a simple pose.

It is, to those with any skill, immediately obvious that she has only the vaguest idea of what she is doing. The stance is fine, true, but its stiff and precise in the way of one with a good eye for detail copying what they have otherwise seen, absent true understanding or familiarity.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Koi returned the look at Aimi as she walked back from fetching a bokken. You are so full of shit. However Koi did sit down, out of the way and wiped her nose as she allowed her breathing to calm.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile