D1 LE - Spear and Sword (open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Moshumaru

D1 LE - Spear and Sword (open)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:18 pm

In the silence of the dojo, Moshumaru twirled his Yari in one hand. He thought through his mental records, sliding through the halls of his mind like a leaf on the wind. He remembered the record of Shika Soboku, who died fighting in the Imperial Legions. From his mind the descriptions of the killers manifest themselves, and his training began.

Eye.

A quick thrust - not quick enough for his own taste, but the pullout was fine enough. Following the twist, the Kitsu shifted to the side, moving into the next series of thrusts.

Left thigh - throat.

A standard maneuver, accompanied by a switch to an anti-charge braced stance.

One - two - three!

The practice continued in silence.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Utaku Kheree

Re: D1 LE - Spear and Sword (open)

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:30 am

A cawing noise came from the entrance as a Unicorn entered, a great raven on her shoulder which flew away from her and landed on the grand a respectful distance away from them while she offered a nod towards the lion , but not making a greeting noise until he was currently between two katas. The scimitar at her side looking somewhat impressive with its ornaments as she headed towards a place a bit away from him to have free range to swing it while her bird eyed him
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 am

For the second time that first proper day of the miai, Hikimasu found himself in the dojo. Maybe the play got him worked up so he needed to get some things out in order to sleep, maybe he wanted to crash hard so he wouldn't stay up all night reading That Room Will go on Without Them, or perhaps he was just tense from...the creeping end of his bachelor life.

Regardless, he took up a bokken once again before offering the dojo a bow and seeing some others engaged in late night drills, he felt confident he hadn't made a strange choice.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Realizing he as taking up more space than he preliminary envisioned, the Lion sheathed his live Yari and replaced it with a more traditional bokken. He could practice the spear another time.
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:30 am
The scimitar at her side looking somewhat impressive with its ornaments as she headed towards a place a bit away from him to have free range to swing it while her bird eyed him
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 am
Regardless, he took up a bokken once again before offering the dojo a bow and seeing some others engaged in late night drills, he felt confident he hadn't made a strange choice.
He bowed to both arrivals.

"Certainly an interesting crowd we've created this evening, no?"
PM if thread desired

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:33 pm

Hikimasu bowed again. "Good evening, this one is Shosuro Hikimasu."

His dead eyes fixed on the bird.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:52 pm
Realizing he as taking up more space than he preliminary envisioned, the Lion sheathed his live Yari and replaced it with a more traditional bokken. He could practice the spear another time.
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 am
"This one is Utaku хэрээ, and are we not all interesting here? Else it would be a boring Miai after all " she says with a laugh as she bows to them now with the proper greeting while her bird looks at the scorpion, and caws once, before spreading their wings to their wingspan of a good 5 feet " Shush you " she says with a smile directed at the bird.
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:46 am

He is still looking at the bird. Externally, it's a dull stare.

Inside, he wonders if this is poor protocol, he'd been yelled at for letting his dog follow him to dojo before.

Though he returned quickly to the moment. "Interesting...I suppose, well you are. If you're interested...ing", he cleared his throat. Why is always the pretty ones? He doesn't even know her. "I'd say your name has me at a loss", he managed finally. That was the best he could, it seemed.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:09 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:46 am
He is still looking at the bird. Externally, it's a dull stare.

Inside, he wonders if this is poor protocol, he'd been yelled at for letting his dog follow him to dojo before.

Though he returned quickly to the moment. "Interesting...I suppose, well you are. If you're interested...ing", he cleared his throat. Why is always the pretty ones? He doesn't even know her. "I'd say your name has me at a loss", he managed finally. That was the best he could, it seemed.
"It sounds stranger then it is written, even if the kh at the start is something that is not often said, unless one wakes up from a night of drinking. " she says "And I bear my iterests open, while I thought Scorpions bear their masks to make people think about theirs ?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:38 pm

Utaku-san is much easier. Maybe one day I'll try it, though.

Why couldn't he have said that out loud?

"Masks are a reminder, true", he agreed. "So you like birds? We have something in common already."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:25 pm

As the exchange continued, the Kitsu offered a bow.

"This one is Kitsu Moshumaru, writer for the record of the fallen. It is a pleasure to meet you both."

He was grateful that the Scorpion had expressed the same troubles with the given name that he was having.
PM if thread desired