(D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 pm

"He trained with the Matsu, like his father. Fought in a half dozen battles in war, surviving them all. He was betrothed and set to marry, but the season before while he was assigned to patrol the Lion side of the plains between our lands and the Dragon. His unit was ambushed by a large bandit contingent and he was one of the few that fell so others could make a tactical retreat. The bandits were hit hard after his unit reinforced with a second patrol, but his body had been lost in the chaos. His spirit guided me to his resting place and I helped return it," he explained.

"His death was years before I was born. Time is difficult for a spirit to gauge sometimes, but I researched and found that it was at least 30 years ago. Though I can't find the specific year."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 pm

"Well. Trust a Matsu to advise aggression. Trust yourself to know what works better for you..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:12 pm

"That is true, but until he can find rest, while he still watches over me and the blade it is as much his as mine. I hope to meet his expectations, not only to improve myself but to help him move on," Murato replies. It may be a burden, and he may be a bit irreverent with Taiko specifically, but his intentions seem to be compassionate.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:50 pm

"Hm. And do you know what might be tethering him here?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:12 pm

"Not exactly, and if he knows he doesn't articulate it well or keeps it to himself," Murato replies. "But I will do what I can as best I can."

"Any ghosts hanging around you that you know about?" he asks, half joking.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 am

"Nope. As with much of the rest of my life, there is little of interest on that front."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:28 am

"Well, interesting is a subjective thing," the Lion says. "I'm sure that you have plenty of interesting stories about your duty. Much like I do about the amazing inner workings of bureacratic processes."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:30 am

Bishamon's balls, that sounds as boring as what I do.

"My duty is many things... but very few of my stories about it are of much interest. Lot of walking."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:34 am

"I probably do less walking, but I do get a surprising amount in. Unfortunately I have a habit of failing in my attempts to walk as well, which can be bad with an arm full of documents." He chuckled at that.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:47 am

"Yeah, falling down is only tolerated in the army if you're dead, dying, or you've been ordered to for some reason."
Remember to Breathe