(D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:16 pm

"Yes. I felt that. More like choosing how to react to a change rather than a twitching reaction to whatever happens relying on a clear mind with less forethought."

He appreciated the difference with a nod.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 pm

"You seem to have a bit of a knack for this one. I'm not sure you lord would see it as the best use of your time, but I'd encourage you to study it- I'm fairly certain the Lion Clan has enough skilled bushi to help you with it in future."

That seemed to be a joke.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 pm

"Ive seen the form used once or twice by students of the Akodo dojo," he said, replying with a bit of levity. "But yes, the Lion may expect a certain level of proficiency, but not enough to spare a sensei for a paper pusher." He smirked at that.

"I've only been trained specifically in one kata," he clarified. "All bards receive it, in case they are assigned to war camp support."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:48 pm

"Oh? Care to demonstrate?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 pm

He nods then moved into position. Much like the Shiba's own kata, it was commonplace in the empire, though it wasn't aggressive like the other. It was designed to allow the warrior to calm the heart and loosen tension, allowing them to extend their ability to continue battle and fight against muscle fatigue.

Warrior's Resolve's formal movements in the dojo were slow, ponderous and promoted relaxation of tension in battle.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:05 pm

"Huh... interesting. I think I've seen that one, but haven't learned it yet.."

He started to follow along as best he was able.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:16 pm

"The Lion tend to prefer a good aggressive stance among bushi, bit this one works well for supporting a long term tactical engagement I'm told," he says while going through the movements. "It doesn't strengthen attacks or defense, but helps one endure."

He finishes up and takes in a calming breath. "It suits me, but Taiko-san thinks I need to be more aggressive."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 pm

"I would say it depends on the circumstances... aggression has its place- especially if you find yourself fighting alone- but it can be a liability in a group."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:38 pm

He nods at that. "I think he believes me too non-aggressive. His instruction tends to push attack first."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:48 pm

"What was his life like?"
Remember to Breathe