(D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

(D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:41 pm

The flame eyed Kitsu stood in the dojo, performing practice swings with a bokken. He could feel the spiritual eyes on him from Kitsu Taiko. He'd gotten used to it in his normal practice, but that didn't mean he wasn't there. Every once in a while there was a whisper telling him his hands needed to readjust or his footing was off. While it was convenient to have someone to help him with such things, it could be incredibly annoying that that person was always watching and pushing him because they had nothing better to do and expected so much more in this art than anyone else would expect of a bureacrat.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D1, LM, Open) The Blade of My... Non-Ancestor

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Oh thank the fucking Kami, I'm... well. I'm not free, but I can unwind a bit.

Raizo had changed out of his courtly finery and into his usual, and stomped into the dojo with the expectation of just not thinking and swinging a practice naginata around.

As he entered the dojo, however, he saw...

Is that a Lion shugenja handling a weapon?

HAH.

JOKE'S ON YOU, KITTYCATS, seems like some of your shugenja DO think they belong on a battlefield!

He bowed, and smiled blandly.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm

The Kitsu took a short break and returned the bow.

He seemed to be ever so slightly winded, but not really. He could still speak clearly, but took deeper breaths between sentences. He had a bit of sweat rolling off his forehead as well.

"Good morning, Shiba-san," he greeted. Being a bureaucrat he was pretty familiar with all of the family mons. "Getting in a workout as well?"

With a clearer view it was clear the Kitsu had a katana on his hip, and wasn't just swinging around a bokken because he wanted to earn one someday.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:45 pm

He chuckled.

"Let us say that having spent my morning in arenas for which I am manifestly unsuited, I'm reminding myself of why I am allowed to be a samurai."

Another bow.

"This one is Shiba Raizo."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm

"I am Kitsu Murato. It's a pleasure," he says.

"And were it not for my sensei, I'd not have made it as far as I have in martial training," he says gesturing to the open air. "Taiko-san barely allows me a break during my practice and only grudgingly accepts that I have to perform my duties as a bureaucrat. He'd see me in the dojo at all hours otherwise. But I do bow to the wisdom of the ancestors."

Either he sees ghosts and is overly familiar with this one, or he is insane. But he does have those eyes that are rare even in his family so... coin toss?

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Ah, another total fucking lunatic. Wonderful.

"Huh. A sensei named for a drum, is he?"

Yes, let's do make fun of the Lion's imaginary friend, that'll work out well.

"Or was the name chosen for other reasons?"
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:16 pm

"I can't really imagine the reason Kitsu Taiko's name was chosen by his parents. Especially since they chose it before my parents were born. Might have been fashionable back then," he says. "But he has been a sensei, mentor, friend and tormentor to me for a number of years. It's his blade I carry since he had no descendants of his own. And since I took it up he has become a bit of a taskmaster."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:35 pm

"No descendants? Then how is it you came by the sword?"
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:45 pm

"Because he showed me where to find it. Needed a little cleaning maintenance and polishing, but it was still a strong blade," he says. "Was in his family for quite a few generations, and as the last child of his line it ended up with him, and his body, before I discovered both for him."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:52 pm

"Hrm. Well. I expect he's grateful, then."

This was how you talked to a lunatic, right?
Remember to Breathe