(D1, MA) The Art Of The Blade (Expecting but Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shiba Tomoe

Re: (D1, MA) The Art Of The Blade (Expecting but Open)

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:24 am

Tomoe reacts with swift fluidity as soon as she sees the opening. Her hand clasps her bokken as she swings for a decisive blow, ready to end the duel before Sakura can fully orient herself, going for speed rather than power -

Iaijutsu vs Kakita Sakura: Finishing Blow (TN 2 MA Melee/Water) | TN: 2 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image Image Image
(Finishing blow, one handed, Water stance, but with Tomoe holdin' that back to only as much was needed.)
(that opportunity removes some strife)
(3/8 Endurance, 8/12 Composure)
Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Guard • Friendly • Down to Earth
Honor: 45 | Glory: 40 | Status: 25
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 am

OOC wrote: Iaijutsu vs Shiba Tomoe: resisting critical, Fitness/Earth, TN1 | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Critical reduced to Severity 2.
Sakura gasps at the second crack- this one definitely going to leave a bruise. There's a moment of conflict on her face, before she bows. “Thank you for the spar, Shiba-san. You are very good.”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 am

Tomoe, finally, lets out the breath she was holding, and the high tension in her muscles leaves as she recuperates for a moment, then smiles, and returns the Crane's bow. "It's been some time since I've had such enjoyable spars, Kakita-san. I don't believe I have another of those in me. You are an excellent duelist. I was simply lucky enough to be slightly faster."
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:46 am

“…also, you held your nerve better than I, Shiba-san. I will admit it, you are victorious over me today.”

Sakura smiles, ever so slightly self-deprecatingly.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:57 am

"Only by a narrow amount. If you feel that is something I did better, then I suppose that's somewhere you know you can train in the future?"

Tomoe inflects a smile strongly. "It was a very hard earned victoy, Kakita-san."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:10 am

Sakura nods in acknowledgement... then her lips twitch. "If you would desire some token of your victory, do let me know, Shiba-san."

A joke she'd normally make? Perhaps not- but in the wake of the spar, Sakura feels herself still... somewhat a bit tense and feeling like there's steam to let off.

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23 am

"There's no need for such things, Kakita-san. It was simply a friendly spar and duel." Tomoe waves any obligation away, possibly missing part of the joke. "I would enjoy another during our days here, or perhaps meeting in an exchange that isn't hitting each other with sticks."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:33 am

Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23 am
"There's no need for such things, Kakita-san. It was simply a friendly spar and duel." Tomoe waves any obligation away, possibly missing part of the joke. "I would enjoy another during our days here, or perhaps meeting in an exchange that isn't hitting each other with sticks."
The blush on Sakura's cheeks is quickly gone, as she nods. “I believe the Miai will include opportunities for such things, Shiba-san. Perhaps we might meet at the Sake house tonight?”

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:44 am

Tomoe grins, nodding. "I would enjoy that, Kakita-san. If your company is anything like your sparring technique, that would be quite pleasant company."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:53 am

There's definitely a blush this time, as Sakura smiles. "I will endeavour to make it so, Shiba Tomoe-san."