(D1, MA) The Art Of The Blade (Expecting but Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kakita Sakura

(D1, MA) The Art Of The Blade (Expecting but Open)

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 am

Sakura, after the morning's activities, takes the time to change- and to return to the dojo. The Crane picks up one of the bokken provided and starts to practice her swordsmanship, running through her Kata, having changed from her fine kimono from earlier to hakama and kimono- and her hair's down once more, tied into a simple ponytail. The Crane moves from position to position, her footwork impeccable.

But aware of everything around her even so.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shiba Tomoe

Re: (D1, MA) The Art Of The Blade (Expecting but Open)

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:05 am

Matters of the morning dealt with, Tomoe decides to pursue some training at the dojo. Out of any finery and back in simple travelling clothes, she's not surprising after being directed in to find another there, but the blindfold the Crane wears is a bit unexpected to include in running through Kata. Still, the Phoenix speaks up as she collects a bokken and begins to do the same.

"Forgive the interruption, Crane-san, but I've found myself also with the need to practise. Don't let my company bother you though."
Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Guard • Friendly • Down to Earth
Honor: 45 | Glory: 40 | Status: 25
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:08 am

Sakura smiles, tilting her head and nodding. "Of course, Phoenix-san. If you wish for a spar, you need only ask. Have you had rice today?"

Between the Shiba's accent and her footsteps- Sakura can identify her Clan, at least.

Unfortunate mistakes yesterday aside, of course. “This one is Kakita Sakura.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:23 am

"I have, thank you, Kakita-san." Tomoe smiles and bows in greeting, only thinking halfway through the act Sakura can't actually see her doing so. "I'm Shiba Tomoe. If you are not adverse, I would be quite thankful for a sparring partner. I've always found whacking sticks at another to be the best way to practice, and to get to know someone."
Carries: clothing, daisho, corded amber pendant. For battle, ashigaru armor, yari, nagamaki.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:33 am

The Crane returns the bow regardless, almost as if she could tell Tomoe bowed. She could, of course, from hearing the rustling of clothing. “As do I, Shiba-san. The kata, of course, are important- but practicing against another allows one to hone the senses.”

Sakura hums, as she places her bokken down for a moment. “Would you prefer a spar of iaijutsu or kenjutsu, Shiba-san?”

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:16 am

Tomoe is quite impressed the Crane was able to hear and recognise such movements. Her smiles grows wider. "I would be glad to have the practice against one that appears to already have such finely honed senses, Kakita-san. Perhaps we can start with kenjutsu and if the want still takes us, proceed to iaijutsu after?"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:28 am

"That would suit me well, Shiba-san."

Sakura hums as she pulls her right arm out of the sleeve of her kimono, letting it fall down in a move that Tomoe might recognise as done by some duellists to improve the mobility of their sword arm. Stretching out her arm slightly, she picks up her bokken once more, the Crane uncaring of the fact that her sarashi is now half-exposed as she smiles at Tomoe. "Of course, even if this is a spar, that is no reason not to take you seriously, ne?"

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:42 am

Should I mention... Can she not tell - No, that's just a distraction. Smart. Take it seriously. Speaking of...

Un-averting her gaze, Tomoe matches the smile. "You are correct, Kakita-san. Practising poor habits in training instills poor habits on duty. Do you want to remove your blindfold before we start?" She rolls her shoulders to stretch her muscles as she readies to spar.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:47 am

Sakura's lips twitch slightly.

She removes her blindfold, opening her eyes- her clouded eyes. "I could, Shiba-san, but I find it rarely makes much difference. Please, do not hold back on my account."

Taking her bokken in both hands, she moves to the sands of the dojo. "To first clean hit?"

Shiba Tomoe

Post by Shiba Tomoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:06 pm

She bids a hasty bow. "Ah. Please forgive my assumption, Kakita-san. That was foolish of me I couldn't see the reason for your cloth."

Thaaat was probably not the time for a joke.

Wincing at her own poor taste, the Shiba follows to the sands. "First clean hit is agreeable to me. And if anything, do not hold back on me, Kakita-san. The ease with which you move despite your... You handle yourself impressively."