(D1, EA) Not Quite a Spear, Not Exactly Dancing

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D1, EA) Not Quite a Spear, Not Exactly Dancing

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:23 am

"That's appreciated, Tanabe-san," she says with a happy smile as she shakes out her kimono...which was going to look ridiculous over the hakama and tucking it in was very awkward. Well, it was just all going to have to be a haphazard mess. With her makeup all over the place and leaning on Tanabe, that would probably all just go together into the rumor mill.

"I've seen a few of them. Plenty of mirror matches both for politics and love, but the family still needs children." Shrugging into the sleeves of her robe, she nods. "But I can see how you'd want as many as possible for the work. That's the same all over. We lose quite a few too, so..." There's no smile, but no sense of anything other than simple acceptance of that danger. She knew that it was unlikely that everyone in her largish family would still be around five years from now, ten without losing a few of them would be some kind of miracle.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:19 am

As he saw her putting her clothes back on he sighed and pushed off the support walking towards his own discarded kimono. He put it on and did the ties well enough to make it back to the inn "I might join you for that bath, you definitely worked some muscles on me that weren't used to it." He said as he put the garmet back on.

He nods as she speaks about family and needing bodies for their duty "Yes, it is a difficult job your clan has. I'd like to think I can imagine but I doubt I truly can without seeing it. We never go that far south so worst we see is the occasional goblin on the banks, which we always go out of our way to kill."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:44 pm

She picks up her own naginata from the rack, realizing the polearm means there would be very little reason to lean on anyone. With a small shrug, and self-deprecating smile, she plans to lean on him anyway. "I've no objections to company in the bath," she says, taking his arm as they start back.

Talk of goblins on the riverbanks though? "Good! I mean, good that you don't leave them running around, but...does that happen often?" The jade pendant makes a lot more sense than it did a few days back. "You report them, right? And arrange for proper disposal? Shouldn't just let corrupted things lie."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:55 am

He smiled a bit as she took his arm just enjoying feeling her there. As she asked her question he shook his head "no not often really, maybe once a year when we are down near Crab lands. We do make sure to report it to the nearest outpost though. I'm assuming they are drawn to the rivers as water sources or something bit I can't say I know much about them other than the fact they are ugly little things."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:50 am

"Hard to know what they're being drawn to, without more investigation, but they are definitely ugly little things. And they shouldn't be there. I hope you're getting to attack them at range or people risk corruption." She's definitely a bit troubled. It's known that things are slipping through. Small things so far, but still. The Shinomen is unquiet. Goblins past the wall. They need more resources, more of everything.

She takes a small breath. The resource she can cultivate here and now is what one person she brings to the clan. She squeezes Tanabe's arm as they walk and chat.

/exit to much needed baths?

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:56 am

He listens to her talk with the same smile a content smile she's worried and he recognizes that but he also recognizes its a worry about something he can do nothing about and she is just cute when she thinks and talks about investigations. He decided to leave the topic lie since it was causing some distress but he nodded about dealing with them from range.

"Come let's go get out of these sweaty clothes and relax a little. I'd say we earned it." He said as they walked away from the dojo back towards the inn.

/scene!