(D0, MA) Otter Onslaught (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Susaki Tanabe

(D0, MA) Otter Onslaught (Open)

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:02 am

Tanabe had been familiarizing himself with the town and figured the dojo would be a natural place to check out as he would likely spend a great amount of free time in here.

He walked I and payed all of the appropriate respects to the dojo. It was one of the few proper ceremonies he did religiously. Well, that and praying to Bishamon. The big Otter found a clear space and practiced his sumai kata, going through forms, practicing shoots, and other opponentless things he could run through.

He got warm and stripped off his heavy kimono hanging it up somewhere leaving him in only his hakama. He was built like one would expect of a strong man who worked hard clearly big and very muscular but with some fat on him that kept the edges of his muscles soft.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Asahina Bo

Re: (D0, MA) Otter Onslaught (Open)

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:37 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:02 am
Tanabe had been familiarizing himself with the town and figured the dojo would be a natural place to check out as he would likely spend a great amount of free time in here.

He walked I and payed all of the appropriate respects to the dojo. It was one of the few proper ceremonies he did religiously. Well, that and praying to Bishamon. The big Otter found a clear space and practiced his sumai kata, going through forms, practicing shoots, and other opponentless things he could run through.

He got warm and stripped off his heavy kimono hanging it up somewhere leaving him in only his hakama. He was built like one would expect of a strong man who worked hard clearly big and very muscular but with some fat on him that kept the edges of his muscles soft.
Having settled in Bo decided that it would behoove him to check out the dojo - not that he understood what behoove meant. If he was to make a good match for someone he couldn't afford to let what little aptitude he did have go to waste.

Entering he takes in the scene for a moment before he remembers and hastily bows to the space as he should have before entering.

He only then notices the other, smaller, giant training, "Oh, hi." Then remembers, a little too late again, to bow and does so.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 am

Tanabe looks up at the giant of a man, something he is certainly not used to doing. "Well hello there Samurai-sama! This one goes by Susaki Tanabe, I'm just getting a quick workout in to try out the dojo." He explained regarding the big bird with a friendly smile.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 am
Tanabe looks up at the giant of a man, something he is certainly not used to doing. "Well hello there Samurai-sama! This one goes by Susaki Tanabe, I'm just getting a quick workout in to try out the dojo." He explained regarding the big bird with a friendly smile.
Bo's face widens into a smile in return, "Ah I'm Bo... um I mean I'm Asahina Bo! Nice to meet ya!" He looks over the man and ponders the movements he had seen so far, "You do sumai?"
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Tanabe looked a little surprised "Well can't say I figured you for an Asahina figured Daidoji with your size but hey guess it happens." He said with a friendly tone. "But yes I am a sumai by trade, trained by the Badger and as of yet undefeated!" He exclaimed proudly.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:28 pm

"Me too!" He beams, "Well, the undefeated part... not the Badger part... or the Daidoji part... though I was trained by the Daidoji... and only in Jukami Mura... for the undefeated part I mean." He begins to look perplexed at his own run-on sentence before his brain reboots, "I'm the first Asahina to win the sumai bouts in Jukami Mura!" Also, if anyone was to check the records, the only Asahina to compete.