(D0, LM) Reaching Out Pretty Far (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kakita Akihiro

Re: (D0, LM) Reaching Out Pretty Far (Open)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 pm
He returned the bow.

"An honor." That's what you're supposed to say, right. He regarded the Kakita. "I'd heard that Emperors often learned the Kakita style, I did not know the same was true of the Seppun. How long have you been training the young lord?'
"About 3 minutes and counting." Akihiro replied with a hint of mirth. "And I have not earned a place among the Kakita sensei."

He touches his mask on his way to scratching the back of his neck. The chill reminds him of something unpleasant so he changes the subject. "You studied under the Bayushi, and have come to Kyuden Shika for a match during the miai perhaps? I can't think of another reason for you to be so far from home."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 pm

"I should be, even now, making plots and plans to overthrow my enemies, but I lack both those and a sinister mustache to twirl", he answered. "Though I think by the end of it the Shika will prune someone that can be sacrificed so I can go home without a fuss. They likely wouldn't want me staying anyway."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 pm
"I should be, even now, making plots and plans to overthrow my enemies, but I lack both those and a sinister mustache to twirl", he answered. "Though I think by the end of it the Shika will prune someone that can be sacrificed so I can go home without a fuss. They likely wouldn't want me staying anyway."
Akihiro's lone visible eyebrow twitches at the reply. How terribly Scorpion to reply with such a disarming answer. "I do not worry that Shosuro-san would be making many plots. Your commitment to duty is obvious."

And moving on from that landmine. "It would be poor form for the Shika and incredibly insulting to yourself if you were left unmatched by the end of this. That would be a very deliberate slight."

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:16 pm

Yuzu's goes pin-pong as they debate. The thought of a twitching mustache makes a solid note in his head. All the heroes he knew had mustaches.

"All the heroes I know have a mustache."

He puts it bluntly.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:20 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:16 pm
"All the heroes I know have a mustache."

He puts it bluntly.
"They have noble mustaches, not meant for twirling, Seppun-sama."

He nodded to the Kakita. "Your voice is familiar, have we met?" it was a kind way of reminding the Crane they hadn't introduced themselves, he supposed.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:57 pm

"I don't know that we have, Shosuro-san. I am Kakita Akihiro, of the Kakita." He states redundantly with a polite bow. "And indeed, all the heroes I know do not twirl their mustaches."

Agreeing with both the Seppun and Shosuro at once! Truly multi-track courtesy goals.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm

The Imperial raises an eyebrow as he gets blissfully tricked by both the Crane and the Scorpion, as tradition so demands. He holds frustration at bay, releasing any tensions at the bokken that might have appeared. He remains silent as the older folks talked.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Comments made, practice weapons relaxed. Hikimasu let the quiet take hold. He wasn't the one who keeps conversations going, usually he murders them.

Still, would the new subject he had in mind be proper for the dojo?

"In any case, we're here for a miai, right? We can't wave our sticks around forever."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Akihiro searches the Shosuro's face for any hint that he might have made the double entendre on purpose.

"Indeed. At some point we will be expected to display courtly manners and put ourselves out to be chosen. Peacocks dance to attract desirable mates, at least we won't be expected to put on nearly as many feathers." The Kakita's voice becomes dry in response to the subject change.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 am

"So you're both participants at the miai. That's interesting." Yuzu says, sheathing the bokken back into the obi. "Commendable of you to come to train at this time. Shows good character. I hope the Fortunes smile on you both for this miai."
DescriptionTheme