(D0, LM) Reaching Out Pretty Far (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Seppun Yuzu

(D0, LM) Reaching Out Pretty Far (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:17 pm

Chorus all done, Yuzu gets directions to the local dojo so he can train. A bit later than usual, but it would suffice. He pays respects and announces himself -- loudly –– before entering. Then he tries to meet the sensei or senior student to ask permission to train. Once it is granted, the young Governor starts to change his outfit into a more practical gear in the changing room.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Akihiro

Re: (D0, LM) Reaching Out Pretty Far (Open)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:33 pm

The Kakita had dropped his effects off at the inn just long enough to make it to the dojo. Portions of his training could be continued in quiet solitude within his room. The rest...required equipment. Which the Kakita, after making the proper greetings to whoever was on staff in the dojo and giving respect to the spirit of the place (nominally at least), was eager to use.

The rather average sized samurai was in a green gi, his own brought from the inn, and stood across from a wooden log with one hand on his sheathed katana. Staring at it.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Dressed to train, the Seppun bows once more to the kamiza and takes a bokken in hand as he runs the rectangular path around the main area. Once armed, he noticed the green garbed masked samurai and approaches with curiosity. He stops at a respectable distance, waiting for acknowledgement.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Akihiro noticed the arrival with a moment of flickering from his eyes. He considered not saying anything but that would be rude. The Kakita sighed gently and moved out of a ready stance to bow in greeting. That bow becomes lower when he realizes this is a Seppun.

Akihiro is no longer annoyed at being interrupted. A slight smile tugs at the visible side of his face. "Well met, Seppun-sama. Your kindness in deigning to bless us with your presence is immense. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am Kakita Akihiro."

Flowery language aside Akihiro is making a strong attempt to not be scary.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:33 pm

After his trip to get settled at the inn, Hikimasu decided to allow himself a proper way to tire himself out.

He wasn't oblivious to the way Scorpion tend to be regarded, but as usual he couldn't help but feel all the glances more personally. He'd been told by just about everyone he'd known that he looks like he's up to something and doing it badly.

Which was a shame, it often meant he wasn't left alone.

Still, he came to train, it was his job and the work had to be done. After an uncomfortable stare off with a senior student, he was allowed to go bother the other visiting samurai present. He bowed, but didn't interrupt them.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:27 pm
-snip-
At the mention of the name, Yuzu does lift an amused eyebrow. The Seppun boy returns the bow, greeting back, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. I am in need of a good training partner, and I believe there's no better way to do so if not with a student of the Sword. Would Kakita-san be so kind and train with me?"
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:17 pm

This boy was governor of Chisei? Akihiro took the time to be surprised by that before squashing it. It didn't matter his age. He was a samurai and would shoulder the burden of leadership.

The Kakita nodded at the request. "I would be delighted to assist you with whatever training you wish, Seppun-sama."

The Scorpion gets a notice as well as Akihiro's eye flickers over his direction. Hopefully no one thought him a Scorpion again. "Your dojo was to train miharu, am I correct? What specifically would you like to see from my school?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:55 pm

Hikimasu noticed being noticed, nodded slightly and looked for a practice spear. It was a large enough place for it and he was interested if any of the Deer would find him comical for the attempt. Hopefully not insulted, but he would see.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:31 pm

“Hai. I was supposed to become one. But that was not how things went recently.” He frowns and takes a big breath. “I’ve had some pointers in iaijutsu from Doji-sensei, but never had the chance to actually check that with a Kakita.”

Noticing the other masked samurai, he provides a nod. His focus back to the Kakita so much, he doesn’t seem to mind the masked theme thing going on.
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:00 pm

Akihiro nods and gestures for the Seppun to observe him. "I can't promise that anything in life is worth anything, but I have been in a few...duels."

He touched the mask on his face with a finger. "I recommend knowing your opponent. Know how they breathe. Know how they move. If you can't get an opportunity to see them in action, then you have to make do with the first look. Are they stone or wind? Then go with your strengths against what they bring to the table."

He settles in to a bended stance and breathes once before drawing his blade slowly. It is very, very, very slow. Akihiro steadies his hands in a two handed grip and adopts a defensive pattern against an invisible enemy. "I go with defensive against those who want to explode into action. It is helpful to redirect their action."