D0MM, Gotta Stay on Point (open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shika Nesshin

D0MM, Gotta Stay on Point (open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Having completed prayers--he is no shugenja, but his parents are, and their observances rubbed off--Shika Nesshin finds his way to the dojo. Diligent practice, after all, in all things--the more so with the miai and all the incoming.

But maybe they can help me, he thinks. Maybe there's another magistrate among them.

He stretches to limber up.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: D0MM, Gotta Stay on Point (open)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:05 pm

A few moments later, the dojo's threshold is darkened by the slight form of the visiting Kitsuki. He moves through the proper forms of devotion to the dojo's guardian spirit before bowing rather formally to acknowledge the Shika's presence. Then, with a small smile, he picks up a bokken and begins to practice his techniques.

They are, in a word, basic, but there is something graceful in them that speaks to some potential, however untapped. He pauses at the end of the routine to take in what the Deer has to offer.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:01 am

Nesshin returns the bow--of course; Zang-sensei would have his head, or one of them, anyway--were he rude to a guest in the dojo, especially one who entered politely and didn't claim to be "looking for a lesson." Last one of those who'd come in...it didn't go well.

Nesshin continues to stretch as the other moves through his kata, and he nods once there is a pause in which to do so.

"Shika Nesshin," he says, introducing himself. "An honor."
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:20 am

Hajime smiled disarmingly in return. "Kitsuki Hajime, Shika-sama," he said, letting the bokken rest on his hip for a moment. "It is an honor to share your dojo. It is a solid, grounded place."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:54 am

"I am privileged to study here," Nesshin replies, "although it is Zang-sensei's dojo, or the Lord Shika's, rather than mine." Credit where it is due.

"I gather that the miai brings you here," he adds.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:56 pm

Again that smile, "Oh, yes. Rather." His weight shifted slightly, the left hip protruding in contrapposto. "And fortunate, I think, to have merited the arrangement. There is certainly a different range of opportunities than can be found at Last Step Castle."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:09 pm

"I'd imagine," Nesshin replies, "although I've never been there. Still, different places grow different flowers, right? So different arrangements would need making everywhere."

A last few stretches to his wrists, and Nesshin shakes out his hands. "Perhaps we might work out a bit together?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Hajime's head tilted slightly to the right. "I would be pleased to do so. What did you have in mind, Shika-san?"

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm

"Well, you've got a bokken in hand," Nesshin notes, "and there're both other bokken and practice spears a-plenty."

He gestures broadly. "And there's plenty of room, to boot!"

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Hajime grinned. "It would be a shame to waste it." He slid his left foot back and was in a ready stance. "Let us see what you have, Shika-san."