(D0, LA) Cursing the Mulberry

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kakita Sakura

Re: (D0, LA) Cursing the Mulberry

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am

“Ah, yes.”

Sakura smiles, utterly confident in the dojos that each of the samurai here have trained at. “Hida-san as well, for I have not had the chance to spar against one of your school before.”

She turns towards Bayushi Liuxian with a smile.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:39 am

Oh fuck ME.

Raizo pretended not to have heard as he kept at his form.

Tessho and his sensei hadn't agreed on much, but both of them had been pretty clear that dueling wasn't an area Raizo should concern himself with overmuch.

How had Tessho put it? "A duel is a fair fight, Raizo. And if there's one thing any soldier who lives to be my age avoids at all costs, it's a fair fight. Fighting fair is a great way to end up dead."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:47 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am
“Ah, yes.”

Sakura smiles, utterly confident in the dojos that each of the samurai here have trained at. “Hida-san as well, for I have not had the chance to spar against one of your school before.”

Being next to the Bayushi in question at the time, the Crane's referral to a Crab confused him some.

"Hid-"

He then noticed the blindfold, and wasn't quite sure how to proceed. Usually, when one was blind in his line of work, it was because they were seeing their ancestors, so he was at a loss as to proper etiquette.

Would it be polite to point out her mistake, which she had no way of knowing she was making? Should he say nothing? Should someone else do it?

He thought about signing to her clothing, before realizing how futile such an action would be. With a small breath, he decided to take the initiative and learn from the experience.

"Please, ah, forgive my intrusion, Crane-san, but I believe you are speaking to a Scorpion samurai-ko, based on her attire."

His tone was uncertain - not quite sheepish, but certainly not full of Lion bravado.
Last edited by Kitsu Moshumaru on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:54 am

“Eh?”

There's a look of- actual embarrassment on Sakura's face, the Crane blushing deeply, before she recovers and bows deeply to Liuxian. “My apologies, Scorpion-san. My normal methods of listening failed me on this occasion, and I apologise for any offence given.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 am

After her words had gotten her little attention she began practicing a few kata with the bokken she had picked up. It was clear that the motions she shifted through were meant to be done with a weapon much larger than the current one she had but nevertheless it was clean.

What she was not expecting was for attention to then be turned on her. That wasn't how it worked. If she spoke and offended someone then she got attention. Not when she was actually being a good silent bushi.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 am
Hold the brush.

Was that a Scorpion with Kitsu hair? Certainly there was a story to be told there.

Dusting himself off and sliding into the dojo, the Kitsu picked up a bokken and took a place near the Scorpion...maybe Kitsu. Maybe something else? He wasn't too sure.

"There's certainly a gathering of characters here, isn't there Scorpion-san?"
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am
“Ah, yes.”

"Eh?"

She stopped and turned towards the two other samurai. Whatever expression was on her face was hidden behind her three-eyed oni mask.

"I am Bayushi Luixian." She answered with a plain voice. Then being somewhat kind she continued speaking. "Mother was a Crab before she married my Scorpion father. Was trained by the Crab." What that didn't explain was the hair which she didn't realize was the cause for the Kitsu's interest.

Yet.

"There's little to worry about. Can't blame you for not seeing the red or mask on my face."

She looked to the Kitsu. "A lot of them. Can't expect much else when there's a big mess that requires samurai from all clans to show up."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am

“Ah. That explains a great deal. Still, my apologies, Bayushi-san.”

As she turns back to Haruhi and Reina, Sakura's cheeks are still faintly pink from embarrassment.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:15 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 am
She looked to the Kitsu. "A lot of them. Can't expect much else when there's a big mess that requires samurai from all clans to show up."
The Kitsu nodded in reply, then bowed. He seemed amiable and sincere in his demeanour - though whether it would be taken as offense was to be seen.

"This one is Kitsu Moshu, writer for the Fallen. I admit, it is interesting to meet one outside the clan with hair as striking as yours - especially as you say you are Hida trained?"
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am
“Ah. That explains a great deal. Still, my apologies, Bayushi-san.”
"Nothing to apologize for as I've said before. It is okay, little Crane." She said in an oddly gentle voice before going back to talk to Moshumaru.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:15 am

The Kitsu nodded in reply, then bowed. He seemed amiable and sincere in his demeanour - though whether it would be taken as offense was to be seen.

"This one is Kitsu Moshu, writer for the Fallen. I admit, it is interesting to meet one outside the clan with hair as striking as yours - especially as you say you are Hida trained?"
"Ah. Here we go. I am a mutt but a surprisingly well bred one. I can trace my lineage back to the Scorpion, Crab, Lion, and Imperials. Other than the Imperials, I received traits from all of the clans. Almost a blessing really. My ear would fall off if people started calling me sama."

She shrugged. "That's why my hair is as it is. It's also why I'm here. The Lion want me to marry into their clan given my obvious heritage -which they thought wouldn't appear in this line since my Kitsu grandparent was far removed from any actual blooded Kitsu. The Crab want me because I know the techniques of their Defender school and I'm built like them, so I'd make strong babies for the Clan. The Scorpion see nothing but profit on either side. So I was shipped off to the Deer to let them figure out who I go to -If any of those two clans. The kami might decide to curse me and send me to the Dragon for all I know."

Then she lifted a red brow. "Writer for the Fallen? That some fancy talk for how you write down the stories of your ancestors?"

Luixian knew little of the Lion clan outside of stereotypes. That much was clear.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:41 am

Ah good, yes, insult the Dragon, then the duelist whacko will go after YOU first...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:38 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 am
"Ah. Here we go. I am a mutt but a surprisingly well bred one. I can trace my lineage back to the Scorpion, Crab, Lion, and Imperials. Other than the Imperials, I received traits from all of the clans. Almost a blessing really. My ear would fall off if people started calling me sama."
The Kitsu nodded, offering no visible sign of any thoughts on this particular arrangement. There was a story there, certainly, but likely one she'd told too many times to care about anymore.
Bayushi Luixian wrote:
She shrugged. "That's why my hair is as it is. It's also why I'm here. The Lion want me to marry into their clan given my obvious heritage -which they thought wouldn't appear in this line since my Kitsu grandparent was far removed from any actual blooded Kitsu. The Crab want me because I know the techniques of their Defender school and I'm built like them, so I'd make strong babies for the Clan. The Scorpion see nothing but profit on either side. So I was shipped off to the Deer to let them figure out who I go to -If any of those two clans. The kami might decide to curse me and send me to the Dragon for all I know."
The Ikoma in his education listened wide-eyed at the twists and turns the story took, but the Kitsu himself seemed relaxed as she talked. He noticed she didn't mention her own desires, but decided not to pry.

Nor did he comment on her note about the Dragon.

"I can see why a Deer Miai would be beneficial; If a decision is made here few can contest it, and if you decide to favour one of the clans, they would treat you well, I imagine."
Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Then she lifted a red brow. "Writer for the Fallen? That some fancy talk for how you write down the stories of your ancestors?"

Luixian knew little of the Lion clan outside of stereotypes. That much was clear.
"It's more that I help make written records of the recently deceased for the next generations. An Obituary maker, if you will. That said, you said you learned the techniques of a Hida Defender - don't the Crab tend to use bigger weapons than the daisho?"
PM if thread desired