(D0, LA) Cursing the Mulberry

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kakita Reina

(D0, LA) Cursing the Mulberry

Post by Kakita Reina » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 am

Bokken tightly gripped in both hands, the woman in Crane colors brought the weapon down with full force upon the training dummy repeatedly.

"Stupid! Hide-bound! Arrogant! Useless! Old! Man!" was the chant that accompanied the rain of blows brought down upon the dummy.

So intent was the woman on punishing the proxy, she did not note the entrance of the Dragon woman.

"You seem to have two hands worth of frustration, Kakita-san. Wouldn't it make sense to have two sword to release it with?" the Dragon asked the Crane.

This question refocused the Crane's attention as she turned and bowed.

"Ah, but Mirumoto-san, Kakita did not say you could not follow up one perfect strike with another....few dozen equally perfect strikes." she replied with warmth.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D0, LA) Cursing the Mulberry

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 am

Huh, remind me not to piss her off.

Raizo's own technique was nothing to write home about, but he was a bushi, and that meant keeping his hand in.

Plus, these Deer people evidently did some kind of pole-dancing? With spears?

Anyway.

He's intended to practice his naginate forms, maybe work through a kata or two...

And he pointedly did so, despite the evidently personal exchange between the Dragon and the Crane.

If they want to say a blind word to me, they can. If they don't, I'm hardly going to butt in. Time enough for that crap later.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:46 am

Sakura enters shortly after Raizo- her head already turned towards Reina. She'll ask what that was about…

No, they share the same frustrations, so Sakura knows in general what Reina is angry about. She'll ask in private later what specifically has her fellow Kakita so angry later.

She simply nods to the other inhabitants of the dojo for now, before she takes up a stance and starts to practice her forms, her bokken flickering out in a perfect draw before she moves into a series of kata- each motion graceful and certain.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 pm

It wasn't long before Luixian stomped in. What was a bushi without war or constant training? Hardly a bushi at all if you asked any of them. Such was why she was here. To train. To vent frustrations.

When she walked in she took one look around before chuckling deeply. "Kami above. The air is so thick in here. Good to see I won't be the only one venting frustrations out on the poor dummies here." With that said, she walked over to the rack of training weapons and picked up bokken. It wasn't her favorite weapon, but with so many already in the dojo, swinging around a tetsubo was likely not the best idea she could have.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Now that attention has been called to it- and as she wraps up her own kata- Sakura moves over to Reina, bowing to her two fellow duellists. “Mirumoto-san.”

A small hint of warmth enters her smile. “Kakita Reina-San.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Mirumoto Haruhi

Post by Mirumoto Haruhi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Now that attention has been called to it- and as she wraps up her own kata- Sakura moves over to Reina, bowing to her two fellow duellists. “Mirumoto-san.”

A small hint of warmth enters her smile. “Kakita Reina-San.”
Addressed first, the Mirumoto bowed to the second Kakita.

"Kakita-san, good afternoon, I hope the day finds you well." she says with a bow, before looking over at Reina.

"Ah, I see the Crane DO have two swords, just not held by the same samurai." she said with a bit of mirth in her voice.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Shall we continue Kakita and Mirumoto's conversation then?"

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Reina laughed lightly at the Dragon's comment, and bowed to her dear friend as well.

"And yet you'd find either one of us a match for you, Mirumoto-san." she offered.

She bowed.

"It is good to see you again, Kakita Sakura-san." she said, sticking to the more formal tone of address in this public place. "If you have not met her, allow me to introduce you to Mirumoto Haruhi. Mirumoto Haruhi-san was my opponent in the finals of the Topaz championship. A fine warrior indeed, if only she'd had been born a Crane, perhaps she would be the Topaz Champion today rather than myself."

There was a rueful shake of the head from the Dragon at that, but the two seemed to have a very friendly rapport.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:24 pm

Sakura's smile grows, as she tilts her head. “I have not- perhaps if I had been able to attend…

But that is an old frustration, one that Sakura has shared with Reina before. “It would be an honour to spar with you during this Miai, Mirumoto-san, if you might be willing.”

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 am

Well this had certainly become an event. The Topaz champion, her rival, a blind Crane with excellent form (he assumed) and the Shiba from eariler - certainly, all that was missing was an Unicorn bigger than her horse and the-
Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 pm
It wasn't long before Luixian stomped in. What was a bushi without war or constant training? Hardly a bushi at all if you asked any of them. Such was why she was here. To train. To vent frustrations.
Hold the brush.

Was that a Scorpion with Kitsu hair? Certainly there was a story to be told there.

Dusting himself off and sliding into the dojo, the Kitsu picked up a bokken and took a place near the Scorpion...maybe Kitsu. Maybe something else? He wasn't too sure.

"There's certainly a gathering of characters here, isn't there Scorpion-san?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Mirumoto Haruhi

Post by Mirumoto Haruhi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:31 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:24 pm
Sakura's smile grows, as she tilts her head. “I have not- perhaps if I had been able to attend…

But that is an old frustration, one that Sakura has shared with Reina before. “It would be an honour to spar with you during this Miai, Mirumoto-san, if you might be willing.”
Sakura could almost hear the Dragon grinning.

"Of course, Kakita Sakura-san. The individual differences in the High Art, even though they've trained in it the same way, are really fascinating. Of course, I'd like to practice dueling against at least one member of each clan while so many different clans are gathered here together." she says, the excitement in her voice evident.

She glances over at the Phoenix in the dojo.

"Phoenix being at the top of that list, but really all the Great clans...and the minor clans too! Who knows what rare techniques they've studied away from the influence of the great clans' dojos?" she offers, thrilled at the idea.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Shall we continue Kakita and Mirumoto's conversation then?"