A Deer lesson (D13 LM, Expecting)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Suzume Senseki

A Deer lesson (D13 LM, Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:45 pm

Having left a note to Zang at the castle, Senseki shows up at the Dojo again - this time carrying the Yari he had received from his Fox friend a few years back.

After the entering rituals, he steps inside slowly and takes the time to do some physical exercises as he waits for the Shika sensei.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shika Zang

Re: A Deer lesson (D13 LM, Expecting)

Post by Shika Zang » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Even though the link was no good, Zang's word was and he strode into the Dojo.

"Good morning, Suzume-san!" he said. "Hopefully this will not be our last time meeting here. Are you ready?"
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:09 pm
Even though the link was no good, Zang's word was and he strode into the Dojo.

"Good morning, Suzume-san!" he said. "Hopefully this will not be our last time meeting here. Are you ready?"
The Suzume bowed deeply to Zang after he turned to meet him.

"Hai, Shika-sensei! And thank you again for taking the time for this."

He positioned himself some distance away from the Deer, holding his spear.

"As the story tells..." and he tells a rather short story about the strength of many.
"Sharing training, styles and help with our fellow minor clanners is always a pleasure, ne?", he then says as he bows to Zang again.

OOC:
Wtf did I do there? Lol I went ahead and corrected the link for reference.

EDIT: whoops, I'll link an agenda roll in the next post!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Zang nodded.

"Have you had much training in yarijutsu, Suzume-san?" he asked, gauging the man's ability.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:28 pm
Zang nodded.

"Have you had much training in yarijutsu, Suzume-san?" he asked, gauging the man's ability.
"Some during my training in Kyuden Suzume, Shika-san, but not much. My later master, Suzume Yoshie-sensei, had us train with it a couple times, but her main focus was on swords and iaijutsu... but I had the luck of having a friend from Fox lands teach me some more after that. In fact, this spear", he says, tapping the spear he had in his hands, "was a gift from him. Kitsune Munemori-san. It's useful when hunting..." his expression softens somewhat "and a token of friendship, with him and among the minor clans. I... would greatly enjoy the chance to learn how to honour the weapon better!"

OOC:
The Agenda roll from before!
D13 MM - Agenda vs Shika Zang. Performance/ Earth vs TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
2Success symbol - 1 agenda point
1Opportunity symbol - removes 2Strife symbol from Zang!
1Strife symbol suffered

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 am

Zang grinned.

"Excellent! It's a noble weapon, worthy of study!" Zang said, taking up his own practice weapon to engage in practice.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:38 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 am
Zang grinned.

"Excellent! It's a noble weapon, worthy of study!" Zang said, taking up his own practice weapon to engage in practice.
The Sparrow nods with a gentle smile, then takes up a solid stance, waiting for the start of the Shika's lessons.