[D12, MM] Unsei vs Rando NPC Shugenja

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Seppun Unsei

[D12, MM] Unsei vs Rando NPC Shugenja

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:58 pm

After asking around and finding nobody to duel against, Unsei told Zang and Zang hooked them up.

So there Unsei was now. Standing in the middle of the circle and just waiting.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: [D12, MM] Unsei vs Rando NPC Shugenja

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Unsei had forseen this. They had tried reading the divinations several different ways, even applying Unicorn interpretations which nobody outside of the Unicorn thought were reliable. They even tried telling themselves that this was random, not fate and wouldn't even think of his name. But the answer still came back the same. And so it was foretold, so it came to pass, Kitsu Tsugumasu entered the ring.

He bowed to them, determined and quiet.

Tsugumasu:

Endurance: 0/8
Compusure: 0/8
Stance: Fire!
Focus: 4
Init: 6
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:41 pm

Unsei was going to lose. There was no way around it, unfortunately. Which was going to suck majorly. The stiffest breeze would knock them over, so their only hope was to put everything into what they had in one strike, but... that wasn't exactly much. Regardless, the match hadn't even started yet and Unsei already wanted to cry at the loss they had predicted and was surely to come.

Endurance: 0/4
Composure: 0/6
Stance: Air
Init:6. Opp to remove strife.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:41 pm
Unsei was going to lose. There was no way around it, unfortunately. Which was going to suck majorly. The stiffest breeze would knock them over, so their only hope was to put everything into what they had in one strike, but... that wasn't exactly much. Regardless, the match hadn't even started yet and Unsei already wanted to cry at the loss they had predicted and was surely to come.

Endurance: 0/4
Composure: 0/6
Stance: Air
Init:6. Opp to remove strife.
(Bidding any strife to up your init this round?)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:45 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 am
(... Fuck it. nah. Unsei'll lose with pride and low strife.)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:49 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:45 am
Saibankan wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 am
(... Fuck it. nah. Unsei'll lose with pride and low strife.)
(Lowest honor goes first. Go for it Unsei!)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Unsei was, by all accounts, a dishonorable lil shit. Just slightly better than your average Scorpion. So, when it was time, Unsei wasted absolutely no time in calling upon the air kami to blast the absolute shit out of that Kitsu. Granted, they knew that they were about to be deleted, but at least they got to hit Tsugu once.

(Guess who forgot that i had to use my tech before i rolled. That's right. It was me. So I'm manually saying it, cus I'm sure Unsei will get deleted next round and I at least wanna use my tech once in this game. lol. Forgot to say it's tempest of air, too
Changing the succ n strife dice to the white succ I kept. One opp to remove strife. Imma use the last two opps to just 'Notice an interesting detail about a character in the scene, such as an advantage or disadvantage. At the GM’s discretion, you may establish a new detail for an NPC.' cus... the shuggy duels don't get the opp love.)
Can I delete the Kitsu? I would like it if I could | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:09 pm

The winds buffetted the Kitsu, he was reeling from the storm, but Unsei could see the fire in his eyes, and they felt the nudge of fear in the back of their mind.

2 Opportunities to resist Tempest of Air. Tsugumasu is Disoriented. Spending 2 opportunities, to trigger "Other characters must receive 2 strife to choose you as the target of their attack or scheme actions until the start of your next turn.

Tsugumasu called upon the fire kami!, and it was indeed fortunate that the Deer had properly warded the arena as protective wards limited the blast to the confines of the dueling circle, as the young shugenja dug too deeply and didn't reign the gleeful fire kami in properly.

Boom!

(Tsugumasu takes 3 fatigue in spiritual backlash, and may not use fire invocations for a bit. Unsei takes 7 supernatural damage and the ring gains the Dangerous quality as the fires continue to burn (Takes fatigue equal to strife kept on dice)
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."