[D12 MA Expecting/open] Arrows in the wind

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kaito Oubaihime

[D12 MA Expecting/open] Arrows in the wind

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:15 pm

The Kaito fetched her bow, now that the dojo was cleared from the dueling event. The woman was starting again to get rusty not by shooting the arrows but by not practicing what she had been taught. The woman was in seiza with a quiver on her lap and a bunch of feathers on top of it beside it a scroll with a written prayer that was used to remember the incantation.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D12 MA Expecting/open] Arrows in the wind

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Hikimasu was in the dojo that afternoon, contemplating his duel (we'll see how that went soon). He decided to put it aside when he sensed another soul doing some digging within and noted Oubaihime sitting afar, near the targets.

Rather than leave her alone when he sensed she had some manner of turmoil, he decided to approach.

However, instead of directly bothering her, he fetched a yumi to practice with, some arrows and sat next to her without a word.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 pm

The Kaito considered for a while and sighed. Perhaps she shouldn't even try to enchant her arrows with the power of the kami. This place seems to have seen better days. She finally noted the Scorpion with a bow seating next to her. "Huh?" She blinked a few times. "Where did... I hope Inari no kami has blessed you this day Shosuro sama."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:40 pm

"Well enough, Kaito-san, as I hope you've also had rice", he replied with a seated bow. He watched the targets then for a moment, listened to the light rain falliing just beyond the overhang.

"You seem pensive", he observed
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm

"Well... considering... I have practice my shooting and hearing that there are spirits around some good some not so good I have this inkling that I should practice my teaching... yet... Our host might be... a bit... how to say... enraged if I did so."
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:54 pm

"Worry not over spirits", he said. "The danger i mentioned is past, before I could summon you Kitsu Murato-san and Kuni Yasu-san appeared and were of great aid, my friend is safe for now." He bowed deeply to the Kaito. "Thank you for your concern and offer of aid."

Then he rose and looked thoughtful.

"The targets are outside, we are inside, but the dojo is open so we can practice even in the rain. What manner of training do you do that would cause them anger?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:04 pm

"If I were to sanctify my arrow the air will imbue them. The Howl of Isora would be heard by the masters." She shook her head. "I told Raizo san yesterday if I were to shoot an arrow in the forest the spirits would be mad at me for creating a path in the middle of it."
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:08 pm

He tested the string on his borrowed bow. "Well, this is a dojo", he said. "Bushi don't use their real blades to practice here, perhaps you needn't worry about using the rites of your school?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:24 pm

The Kaito considered and picked up her things placed the feathers in a box except the one she always carries in her obi. She placed the prayer in her obi and nodded to Scorpion. "You are correct. I shouldn't involve the kami on earthly matters." The miiko stood up.
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 pm

"Where do you usually practice when at home?" he asked, now quite curious as he rose as well.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description