(D12, MM) Outside the Thunderdome (Event Observation)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Suzume Senseki

Re: (D12, MM) Outside the Thunderdome (Event Observation)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:32 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:15 pm
"Hey.

Remember your trick to grab your bokken with two hands and strike in the same movement? Turns out it works quite nicely against an opponent without a shield."

The voice was Mitsuki, unfresh out of her fight, breathless and sweaty, but otherwise looking fine.

"Not sure it would have worked twice against the same opponent though... But not an issue for a duel to first strike, isn't it?"
The Sparrow is somewhat surprised by the hint coming from the winded Moto, but pleasantly so. He answers with a nod and a warm tone on his voice.

"Ah, ohayou Moto-sama! Congratulations on your win!" He the considers what she said. "Un... It can work well to make sure you get a good strike in an opponent with a strong defence, I suppose, ne?"

His lessons and the duel with Haruhi came back to his mind even as he said that, though, and the pondering is clear in his eyes.

"I assume it depends on the circumstances, and the opponent... I have been learning how, if you learn how to use them properly, two swords can be as good as one wielded with greater strength - and also a good form of defence. It... Is a challenging style, though".

Another nod, and he looks at her with a friendly expression on his eyes.

"I see your own style has served you well, though! I assume this wasn't your first experience with Iai, ne?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Re: (D12, MM) Outside the Thunderdome (Event Observation)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:32 pm
Mitsuki held back a laugh:

"I have a scimitar instead of a katana at my belt. I think it makes pretty clear how thorough my formal training in Iaijutsu was.

No, I fear the truth is that the Shika have paired me with someone that wasn't an expert either, and it boiled down to combat reflexes. Rise like the wind, strike like the storm.

With your own level of skill, I suspect your opponent will be quite adept at the art however. Or maybe not. The miai might be almost over, but I'm still lost at sea as far as the logic of these events is concerned.

And, of course, I approve of holding a different piece of equipment in each hand... But I'll still choose my shield over a second blade. Sadly, it wasn't allowed by the rules of today show."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck