[D11, LA, expecting] Relationship building

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D11, LA, expecting] Relationship building

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:57 am

The Lions eyes narrow to dark slits of fire. It's just a figure of speech, Ishioka. He doesn't know what he's saying.

"Have you been to the Wall, Asahina-san?" The Matsu's voice is as cold as steel on a midwinter night. "Do you know what the Crab face in doing their duty?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:03 am

"Nope. But I don't haveta've been to know that, even if the worst tales are only a shadow of the truth, it would still be worth standin' on every day to protect her." He shrugs again, "That's what it means ta love someone. I don't get why that's so hard to grasp?" If he could understand it surely others could.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:35 am

"Oh, I know, Asahina-san, I know. But it's not just the threats you see, the physical ones you can stand in front of. The Wall doesn't just leave your spirit when you step away, and the danger doesn't stop when you have thoughts wearing away at you from the inside."

"Is that what you're ready for, Asahina-san? Fighting battles you don't understand inside her mind and yours?"

He finishes, looking challengingly at the other man, but after several moments, the Matsu gives a heavy exhale and closes his eyes. "I apologize, Asahina-san. You do not owe me an answer to that."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 am

"If you don't understand it ya can't be ready for it. But that doesn't mean ya don't do it anyway to the best of yer ability with all the life in yer body and soul."

When even he can sense the tension starting to drain a little he attempts offering a small smile to the Matsu.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:42 pm

The Crane's smile has no effect on the Lion, who has calmed into the safety of his Stone Matsu visage. More than anything, Ishioka looks unimpressed.

"Thank you for coming, Asahina-san. I appreciate your time."
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Bo seems a little puzzled but nods anyway, "Of course. Was that it?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:52 pm

The Matsu blinks slowly.

"I thought it would be important to speak with you, Asahina-san. We hadn't properly met, and you've been... very impressive in this competition," Ishioka says grudgingly.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:01 pm

The big man looks a little sheepish and bashful, a very odd look on one his size and apparent countenance, "Aww, thanks Matsu-san. I honestly hadn't really noticed until she pointed it out yesterday. guess I've been lucky." He offers another smile, "You seem to be doin' pretty good too though!"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm

"Maybe big men are just getting lucky around here," the Lion replies, not fully considering his word choice. Oh well. Like it matters with this one.

"I mean, when the tests include things like sumai, we are bound to look good, right?" Really? That's the example you want to bring up with him?
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 pm

He nods enthusiastically, "Oh, yeah, the tests have been kinda weird haven't they? I expected a lot more courty stuff from the Deer. Can't say I'm disappointed by that though."