[D11, LA, expecting] Relationship building

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D11, LA, expecting] Relationship building

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:41 am

The Matsu continues to glare, glad on some level that the dense Asahina is still outside striking range. He grits his teeth, forcing himself to suffer the slight for the sake of not angering Narumi.

"Listen, Crane," Ishioka says with forced control of his emotions. "I know that Narumi-san looks favorably on you, so I'll set this aside for now. Be aware that there is nothing that matters more to me in this world than her safety," he says, then takes a heavy breath.

"I assume you would say the same?" he asks, trying to bridge their divide.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:43 am

"Of course! But... uh... I still don't know what you're talkin' about."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:34 am

Ishioka stares silently again.

"So you don't see where having two men who feel as strongly about the same woman as we do would be problematic?" The Lions tone is slightly incredulous, but he's still trying to manage his emotions.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:46 am

"Strong feelings? Well I guess you wantin' to protect her is a strong feeling. But I don't see what that's gotta do with me? I mean that's our job as bushi - to protect people."

False realization, once again, dawns over the man's face.

"Ohhhhhh! You're mad that I didn't protect her from gettin' the busted lip. I get that. I feel bad I wasn't there when it happened to help. So, yeah, I guess for that I can take res... resp... responsibility and apologize. Sorry, Matsu-san."

There! Surely that has fixed the problem!
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:35 am

The Stone Matsu starts to growl quietly as Bo wanders through thoughts, fists clenching. As it continues, his eyes narrow and he starts toward the Crane. Stopping just outside swinging range, he snarls, "She's not yours to protect, you idiot. I. Love. Her."
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 am

"Ohhhhhh. Well that makes sense - she's swell." He nods and smiles, "Though I reckon that means it's my job to protect her too... and hers to protect me? Though that makes less sense given her health. But, I suppose there's other kinds of protectin'..."

He nods again to himself, "Reckon a good thing it's up to the Deer then. Things would be awkward otherwise."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 am

The Lion's glare achieves an intensity level that might burn through the hull of a kobune.

"Do you even know what she needs protecting from?" Ishioka can feel his grip on this conversation slipping, but he's not ready to give up yet.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:03 am

The big man shrugs again, "I mean anything and everything - that's the point of protectin' the one you love, isn't it?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:22 am

Ishioka closes his eyes and stands there for a long time, silently willing himself to breathe and remain calm.

"But do you know what that will mean, Asahina-san? What you're likely to face if the nakodo choose you for Narumi-san?" The Lion's voice sounds slightly distant, slightly haunted as he asks these questions.
Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 am

"Can't say I know too much about the Otter but I reckon there's nothin' more dangerous there than I'd face as a Crane. Even if so are you sayin' you wouldn't fight an oni for that smile?"